Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original SS Mein kampf wedding casket ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original SS Mein kampf wedding casket ???

What do you guys think on this ss MK oak box? Original? The SS runes appear a bit thicker than usual to me and the acorns don't look as detailed as others I've seen, or is it jsut the carving - was there degrees of carving detail on these which varied? Any help will be appreciated in evaluating this one... thanks.

Imho, lack of detail so

Comment

The look of the surface appears to me as being made by machine, not by hand.

Is this an offer from Germany, Don?

Comment

Thorsten, this is actually from the UK. He has 2 of them. You might know who I am talking about but I cannot say since I do not want anyone to be accused of interfering with a sale. Price is about $3500 US which I think is too expensive. It also comes with a white MK. If it gets sold, that's great, but I am really unsure of this one. What do you say?

Comment

better shots in sunlight maybe

I wont be able to say anything very helpful here, but---
          Maybe better or different photos in natural sunlight might help a little.
          To my eye the photos are a bit off putting . Too much wierd dot like patterns in the wood grain, which might or might be not really there?
          Worth a shot to see them in some nice sunlight, if it can be had at this time in UK

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
            Thorsten, this is actually from the UK. He has 2 of them. You might know who I am talking about but I cannot say since I do not want anyone to be accused of interfering with a sale. Price is about $3500 US which I think is too expensive. It also comes with a white MK. If it gets sold, that's great, but I am really unsure of this one. What do you say?
            You sure Keith is still alive ? He hasn't answered inquiries on these two since early July !

Comment

Is Keith on the Forum? He never answers any emails.

Comment

Don,

how can you receive these pics if E-mails were and are never send??

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Don,

how can you receive these pics if E-mails were and are never send??
                  Download ?

Comment

No hint of copyright on the pics, so which website is it?

Comment

I'd rather PM the site to you as I am not trying to cause loss of business to anyone. I'd prefer though that you as an expert on these cultural works of ss art evaluate the looks of this one to see if you think it is an original or not. What do you think of the detail? Is it cause for concern or is it OK?

Comment

This piece shows clearly - even for the last idiot who may have found it once - that it is SS-related. Even if such a person doesn´t know the Sigrunen he will recognize the swastika for sure - and can easily combine that this peace must at least have something to do with NS-history, right?

So the argument which might be brought up that this is - like many other cult items from that period - yet an undiscovered field combined with unknown items does not fit, right?

So why is it that within let´s say in twenty years only very few of these MK boxes surfaced while within the last year a quite astonishing number is on the dealer´s market for sale?

You can do quite a lot of things with the use of CAD-programmes and machines.

I want to feel the surface and compare the whole appearance of the example shown here with the example in the Imperial War Museum in London!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                          I'd rather PM the site to you as I am not trying to cause loss of business to anyone. I'd prefer though that you as an expert on these cultural works of ss art evaluate the looks of this one to see if you think it is an original or not. What do you think of the detail? Is it cause for concern or is it OK?
                          You sure you are not trying to keep the source to yourself ? No need to, as you know the site is inactive.

All I say is this: It's not the First Reich !

Comment

You can do quite a lot of things with the use of CAD-programmes and machines.
                            You are forgetting that this casket was put together from separate pieces, not carved from a chunk of solid wood. Looking at the details, I think it's good.

This being said I am convinced a talented carpenter could make one these days. And supposedly there is a lot of talent in Poland and elsewhere, too.

Comment

I want to feel the surface and compare the whole appearance of the example shown here with the example in the Imperial War Museum in London!
                              Isn't there an alarm that would go off ? I hope you'll be able to restrain yourself ... just kidding !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X