MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original SS Mein kampf wedding casket ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the day comes and documentation on these ss casks is found, the price on these will surely skyrocket.

If however, one turns up with a "Meldorfer" tag, I'll smash mine to bits on youtube.

Comment

In future only two groups of caskets will be in the market or collections:

- those checked on age determination via Dr. Martin Matthaes and proven to be the real ones

- and the others not being checked

The first group will for sure hold their value.

Comment

T.,, your talking about this guy?!?

http://www.spectroscopyforart.com/

Comment

Yes.

It´s no "hocus-pocus" - but at least concerning wooden art objects the doubtless possibility to sort out the junk from the real ones.

IF some individuals are afraid of this age determination possibility then that should tell you something.

I am not - I know my wooden cultural pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
            T.,, your talking about this guy?!?

Surely Thorsten B. must be (silent) co-owner. Would make sense, wouldn't it ?

Comment

Your replacement activities

It is very interesting that you ONLY step in to make me and my very useful advices look ridiculous, isn´t it?

Why is that?

Did you sell any of these "SS MK boxes"?

Do you know more about these boxes than others?

Do you even have something to hide?

Comment

I have made my thoughts on these Boxes well know over the years, I don't like them. But I don't want to ruin this thread so will leave it at that,its just my opinion.
                Wood testing to age them exactly might help change my mind,but still someone could use a piece of period wood?

Comment

John,

So we have something in common.

The great thing about this age determination method is that it does not matter how old the wood really is - otherwise I would have never posted it.

This method cannot be fooled - just read theiwebsite.

It is VERY well worth studying it!

Comment

The testing doesn't prove what is really needed for these boxes!.

I had someone check about this just this morning. One of the worlds best frame makers, restoration firms in the world is right in NYC. They heard and actually used this service once. Their opinion is - they have a long way to go-.

Even on their own site a conclusion of a expert says there are still problems with their testing:

"And yet the wrong dating results pose the question of where the weaknesses of IR spectroscopy still lie:
                    • <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 170%; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 7.2pt; BACKGROUND: white; COLOR: black" class=MsoNormal>Is there a partial lack of comparative data? <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 170%; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 7.2pt; BACKGROUND: white; COLOR: black" class=MsoNormal>Does the method work only for specific wood types? <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 170%; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 7.2pt; BACKGROUND: white; COLOR: black" class=MsoNormal>Are the taking and analysis of samples susceptible to error? <LI style="LINE-HEIGHT: 170%; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 7.2pt; BACKGROUND: white; COLOR: black" class=MsoNormal>Do climatic factors or storage conditions play a role?
                    • Or are some scientists right in maintaining that the method itself cannot be validly applied to age-dating, and that the hits scored are rather to be attributed to chance?

* To cut quickly to the end,,,there is no way they can tell a wood box made in 1940 from one made in 1960...

Last edited by Gaspare; 04-09-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Nice, just as I suspected!

Comment

Say what you want - if you guys have serious issues to find out via their test that some of the boxes you aquired for quite some money are fakes I can fairly understand.

All you do is helping to let the fakers get away with it - and even to continue their ruthless business.

-------------------------------------

I already said right in the beginning (when I first presented this age determination test for wooden items) that there is a lack of about ten years.

Now when they find out that an "SS MK casket" was faked in about 2000, 1990, 1980, 1970 or 1960 - what does that really matter?

A fake is a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post

Nice, just as I suspected!
                          Who wouldn't have ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                            * To cut quickly to the end,,,there is no way they can tell a wood box made in 1940 from one made in 1960...
                            And neither 2000, 1990, 1980, 1970 or any other year in between. Or up to 2011 for that matter.

So it is hocus-pocus, Mr. B. !

Comment

I very well understand your concerns!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                                I have made my thoughts on these Boxes well know over the years, I don't like them. But I don't want to ruin this thread so will leave it at that,its just my opinion.
                                Wood testing to age them exactly might help change my mind,but still someone could use a piece of period wood?
                                This convinced me of their authenticity: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&postcount=72

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X