SS TK honor ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
    The green you see on TK rings usually is a chemical reaction between the liver of sulphur components and the human sweat and other elements common in daylife.

In other words you are suggesting it's not a silver corrosion product, but a deposit. Are the rings made of silver >800 grade, then ?

Comment

Give a precise answer to your question is complicated.

Complicated because first we should understand the structure of the TK rings.
      And to understand it we have to erase all what we knew and re-start.
      As Gaspare always said "there is something unhortodox" in these rings. And he was right, if we think as we always did, and we try to explain the few (and wrong) things we knew with normal production processes, we will never find an answer to all the questions raised.

Anyway, as not full answer, I can tell you yes, the skull and the external parts are usually between 89 and 94% of silver. Copper presence is too low to produce green reactions.

I posted a picture with SEM analysys result (I have more if necessary, but they confirm what already posted), and if you have a look at it you will see the consistent presence of sulphur, and this is due to the blackening made with liver of sulphur. Being this common in all the rings, the explanation is only one.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
      - THE SS TK RING
      - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
      - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Just for WAF archive. I was able to trace the ring to Russia, the last sale price I am aware of was € 12,000.

Comment

wow. 12k!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X