Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lartiste , He did self publish,,sorry if my post was unclear:

"Couple quick things. -
    Dons book was written a long time ago. Nothing was available. You had a famous author writing in his book 'there are probably less than 20 Honor Rings in the world'. So when Don shopped his book around to publishers guess what kind of interest there was in it?! None.
    True while there is not good info about the manufacture of the HR there is a lot of good and interesting info in it. See with a publisher they help you,,editing, explain where you need to expand etc. Don had none of it. He published and printed it locally and thinking it would go around the world , yes, basic, double spaced etc etc but done for all to understand. Award criteria, award dates,quantities, reissues etc. Things none of us have seen nor read before.! For me a true pioneer... BUT, not infallible."

The book was done over 25 years ago......

Comment

and the ring and cert from GDC ring forum... It is for sale on the Wittman site [dagger guru]..

Comment

Certainly better pictures of all the rune panels would help, but based on the picture of the skull in #825, why is this ring a fake?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
          Certainly better pictures of all the rune panels would help, but based on the picture of the skull in #825, why is this ring a fake?
          it is Mike (aka Byzanti) catch therefore he should answer your question. In meantime I will show you something:
          Attached Files

Comment

To my eyes this ring is a total crap.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
            - THE SS TK RING
            - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
            - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
            - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio Scapini View Post
              To my eyes this ring is a total crap.
              I have never seen the green colour inside, silver only gets black. Do you have idea what the green colour is?

Comment

yes sshr above - copy 100%

Comment

Engraving on that last one leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by lartiste View Post
                    I have never seen the green colour inside, silver only gets black. Do you have idea what the green colour is?
                    To be honest no.
                    Maybe wasabi sauce

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                    - THE SS TK RING
                    - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                    - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                    - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Wasabi!?

ok,,green is from copper.. You'll see green in brass and bronze too because copper is in them also..

Everyone has there own criteria start points with the HR. I too also always start from the inside then go outside. After seeing the inner band of this ring there was no need to go further [and not necessarily from the green]..
                      Problem is that this HR is on a well respected [?] dagger guru's site and is very expensive. You would hope that he at least called Don about it.
                      2nd problem is that some [not accusing anyone in this case] will put a good certification with a fake ring,,we've also seen fake certs with fake rings too!....

Comment

Guru made and makes many mistakes and would not wonder about upgrades for daggers, so he doesnt care.

Comment

, , hear you Robert! , One day many will be thinking about their special certs on their 'special daggers'!

I think the Christmas balls kind of let many know you are right!!

He relies on his reputation. he should have went the extra mile before accepting that particular ring..

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                            , , hear you Robert! , One day many will be thinking about their special certs on their 'special daggers'!

I think the Christmas balls kind of let many know you are right!!

He relies on his reputation. he should have went the extra mile before accepting that particular ring..
                            Don't forget the toilet paper

Comment

and I think there is a guy on WAF who loves to make dagger videos with him. I really just wonder ... since many years a crafter is sitting in his shop or maybe basement. Think one issue came up with him but think they are together again.

Comment

I have observed that on the outside of more than one of the MINT, uncleaned original TK rings that I have seen, there was a greenish aging that looks similar to what is found on copper. I believe that this green aging was not caused by the silver acting alone, but rather it has something to do with the chemicals that were used for the blackening and outer finish of the rings. This is rarely seen, but is absolutely legit. In fact, you can see a small amount of this phenomenon on the Teply ring pictured on pages 78 and 79 of Craig Gottlieb's book, (inside the eye sockets and in between some of the crossbones).

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X