No announcement yet.

Kz officer shoulder boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pair of SS KZ officers boards and the brown is very hard to photograph and get the color right. In these photos the color tends to look like copper brown and they are not. I have several items with copper brown and this isn't it. The actual color is just like the boards in posts #14 and #15, light brown. The nap is gone where the boards wool piping is exposed, but underneath the top litzen they are still fuzzy. They have also faded from sun exposure on the exposed top litzen, except where covered by the uniform. Richard
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

JayV....They are original boards but what they were used for is unknown.

Comment

Here is an unissued set of Army Kradschutz to compare. No flash. The device looks silver but still has traces of gold wash.
            Attached Files

Comment

They look OK to me.

Comment

You see..the Heer Kradschutz boards are the same color as the boards posted by Richard P. This suggests to me that this was the intended color for SS Aufklarungs. However I have seen a loose pair of the more dark brown piped SS boards with the "A" device on them in the past.
                Branch color piping with SS units is very confusing at times since white piping couldve been worn by just about anyone since it was the generalized color used. I dont attempt to suggest I am able to say for certain what was correct in this area as to what was worn back then I just know what I have seen on tunics and loose in collections. I once purchased a supposed KZ officers tunic but it turned out to be a fraud and it had the piping Richard shows.
                The tunic shown below which was sold to me by N&T global and I returned to them, which now sits somewhere in someones collection. If that person is a forum member we could do a detailed study if they permitted.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by John Pic; 03-29-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

KZ Lager NCO's visor cap I used to own. I'd describe the piping as being "milky coffee" in colour.

The piping on Jawes' tunic looks to be the same.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yet another shade of brown.

Comment

Not to forget discoloration from storage, sun light, smoke and whats so ever.
                      I got LW cloth out that sit on a table for over 60 years ... some especially the Flak color changed alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                        Not to forget discoloration from storage, sun light, smoke and whats so ever.
                        I got LW cloth out that sit on a table for over 60 years ... some especially the Flak color changed alot.
                        That is why I indicated the Herr boards were unissued. The hat looks heavily worn etc. it could easily have started life the same color as the Army boards.

Comment

Maybe BenVK took a peek on the inner edge of the piping and remembers if there was any fading being the Cap inspector he is???

Comment

This falls into the range of LW signals as well which will fade to a color close to Bens hat from a copper brown like the Heer boards. See post #9 etc.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=lw+signals

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                              Maybe BenVK took a peek on the inner edge of the piping and remembers if there was any fading being the Cap inspector he is???

Certainly did John! There was very little fading to the piping. Problem is, you can never get a camera to capture this colour consistently. A bit more or less sunlight in the room gives a totaly different impression.

Comment

Robert do you consider your boards for sale Recon Or KZ?You have then listed as Hellbraun would that be KZ then?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X