Kz officer shoulder boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KL/TK Boards

These are slip ons with the typical characteristics on the underside.
    Attached Files

Comment

Actually I believe the both pairs of boards shown above are the more rare copper brown for reconaisance used very early until replaced with golden yellow.
      I have seen the lighter almost mustard brown for KZ lager and these are different in color.

Comment

thats what i thought too!anyone see the ones on ROBERTS COLLECTIBLES?Robert has a nice pair is that the emustard brown you speak of?

Comment

Wewelsberg,can you post a link,so that i can few them.Thanks Jay

Comment

Ive had my eye on them for a while but dont really know enough about the brown color to make a decision,does anyone?its such a blur.I dont want recon boards but its too high an officer to be a recon man probably.
            www.robertcollectibles.com

Comment

KL Boards

The boards on Robert's site appear to have a copper shade, as opposed to mustard, which is generally thought to be more of a yellowish color. The boards I posted do not reflect a copper shading, which is clearly evident when you hold them in hand, outside, in natural light.

I once owned an early war Heer officer overseas cap with the copper brown chevron. The color was the same as a new piece of copper pipe, and is very close to that on the Sturmbannfuhrer boards. Trying to transfer this color to textiles is somewhat tricky, and I find that the insignia projects a pinkish cast, which you don't see in the purely light brown waffenfarbe.

Comment

Yes but were there many recon sturmbannfuhrers?

Comment

These were not manufactured according to how many of each rank there was serving. They were mass produced and sold by those companies authorized to make and sell SS rank badges. That is why hoards of unworn unissued boards are circulated out there in collections and some still in cellophane. There were a couple Sturmbannfuhrer's who served as Recon battalion commanders...I dont have any sources to look it up though at the moment.

Comment

y i really wanted to buy them but as KZ boards.Ive seen so many shades of brown its crazy noone seems to agree.

Comment

So do you guys think the ones i posted are in fact KZ related.I dont want to purchase them if they turn out not to be kz tabs.Jay

Comment

You have a dillema similar to that of the Heer Mountain troops. Once in awhile you find the shade of green was different than prescribed.
                        Most likely to an Ss trooper or tailor brown was brown light or dark didnt matter.

Comment

So John,if i am correct,you are saying that they are good?? jay

Comment

Here is a pic of the correct color from a recent post

Picked them up at sos

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=kz+tab

Regards, Jawes
                            Attached Files

Comment

ps check the link for closeups

Here is another shot of tunic
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jawes,very nice collar tabs and boards.Jay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X