Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kz officer shoulder boards

Hi Guys
    Was wondering if i can get some comments on these boards.I have been offered these and would like some opinions before i decide to purchase them.Also whats a good price range on them.Thanks Jay

ss.jpg

[ATTACH]1164297[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1164298[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1164299[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1164300[/ATTACH]

Comment

They look fine.

Comment

original

Comment

Thanks guys ! What type of price would these go for.The Gentleman is asking 380.00Euros for the pair.Thanks Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Jay V. View Post
                  Thanks guys ! What type of price would these go for.The Gentleman is asking 380.00Euros for the pair.Thanks Jay
                  380 euro,hmm not cheap. but the are hard to find,so if you like this set go for it

Comment

Seems reasonable

Comment

original I think!
                      380 is ok for KZ boards...

Comment

There are so manty versions of this brown Kz color,its crazy.Any of you seen the ones at Robert's Collectibles site?Sturmbannfuhrer I think,the color is radically different,what do you guys think of this?

Comment

The official color for KZ is hellbraun which to my understanding means light brown and not copper brown or kupferbraun (recon). Now depending on the color batch who can say what the description really looks like. Since the SS dropped kupferbraun or copper brown for Recon in 1942 and did not use the description of kupferbraun after that (at least that I know of) .
                          IMO I would say any brown piped boards made or used after 1942 were most likely for KZ since I cannot find any references to other browns used by the SS after that date. If someone can enlighten me otherwise please do.

Here is a 1937 SS color piping chart . This was posted previously by another member.
                          Attached Files

Comment

KL/TK Boards

Here are a pair with a shade very close to the one on chart.
                            Attached Files

Comment

KL/TK Boards

A closer view which reveals the rayon composition of the piping.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X