X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Photo of Galicia

Enjoy

Enjoy

Hey I enjoyed the foto this is a Militaria Forum not a Political one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Hey I enjoyed the foto this is a Militaria Forum not a Political one.
      I completely agree!

Comment

Bnz.42 - thanks for posting this great pic. Here is photo of Kozak from his soldbuch:

Comment

Cool Photo, Thanks for sharing the image. Would this have been 1943?

Thanks,
          Joe

Comment

The collage posted is a combination of two photos. The upper photo is from Melnyk's book "To Battle" and shows Ukrainian NCO's at Heidelager training camp in 1943. The image of young man in peaked cap is probably end of 1944-beginning of 1945 and would most likely be taken from his stay at Junkerschulle Posen-Treskau.

Comment

Thanks for the info, was just wondering if the first photo was prior to the engagement at Brody, or perhaps afterwards with certain reformations going on. If I remember correctly the unit was still forming up before being thrown in the line, and afterwards was pretty much rebuilt. My history may be a touch off,

Thanks,
              Joe

Comment

hello to all, was the 14th ss division ever issued a cuff title a lot of reenacters shop sell a cuff title with Galizien on it. any help? kind regards Ben

Comment

The lion tab is cool the discussion is hopeless.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

detail sorry but even though pc sized, trying to show better insignia shots pics get distorted
                      Attached Files

Comment

Indeed Ukrainian pics are some of the hardest to find. I got these off ebay about 12 yrs ago. It was in total about 15 shots of a parade/call up service for the division somewhere in Germany. And on a more serious note, lets try & keep it civil guys that the post doesnt get deleted! After all were here to view the insignia. Each side has a right to their opinions but this has turned to personal attacks & that will get the thread shut.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
                          Indeed Ukrainian pics are some of the hardest to find. I got these off ebay about 12 yrs ago. It was in total about 15 shots of a parade/call up service for the division somewhere in Germany. And on a more serious note, lets try & keep it civil guys that the post doesnt get deleted! After all were here to view the insignia. Each side has a right to their opinions but this has turned to personal attacks & that will get the thread shut.
                          very nice pictures

Comment

Thanks Uscha...here a few more to enjoy
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X