Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I just bought a very nice Plane Tree 5/6 for $6300. I had no idea what a bargain it was WHHHOOOOHOOOO !!!
    that was realy nice price first or second model?,or beeeter post a shot

Comment

2nd

2nd Model Besslein and don't ruin my party! It was out of the Andreas Thiess last Auction item 1001.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
        Do you really believe anyone who tries to maximize their income (legally) is guilty of pure arrogance, and that people who can afford to pay high prices are themselves arrogant? Heck, even the chinese communists would disagree with that and have come around to see the light of the capitalist system. I always find it quite elitist and arrogant in and of itself that people have such disdain for those with money who can afford to pony up the cash. By that logic we should only offer up our trinkets/treasures for mid 70's prices to be truly decent people. If you were selling your house, car, or any other item of value, would you adjust the price down to some "decent" level just to feel good and help someone out, our would you want to maximize the gain for you and your family? Makes not a whole lot of sense, but I'm sure their are a lot of people that buy into that notion. I along with a lot of other Americans worked very hard in school, business, etc etc and sacrificed a lot to be able to obtain an income level to buy at such "arrogant" prices, while many others I knew in high school and life in general did squat, and can't afford such things.(Please, Im not inferring that if you don't have a high income your some sort of loser. Its the decisions in life which one makes which we may or may have little or not control over which plays a large part) I was always taught to work hard, do the right thing, make something of yourself and better yourself and your situation, is that notion gone, and should I offer up my items for sale at some lower price just to appease the feelings of someone who for whatever reason does not have the same buying ability as I? I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post, but I think its not correct to label those who worked hard and can afford things as fueling an arrogant appreciation of items of value. In the end, the market as it always will will in and of itself dictate what the value of things are.
        Hey Scott I haven't been lectured like that since Parochial School! But seriously, income and work ethic have nothing to do with it. I simply think the smocks are way overpriced. I have been collecting since the early 60's and for me what started as a fun hobby has over time spiraled into being all about $$$. No I don't expect to see 1970 prices. But on the other hand I don't want to see 2070 prices just yet. All the Best, Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron P View Post
          Hey Scott I haven't been lectured like that since Parochial School! But seriously, income and work ethic have nothing to do with it. I simply think the smocks are way overpriced. I have been collecting since the early 60's and for me what started as a fun hobby has over time spiraled into being all about $$$. No I don't expect to see 1970 prices. But on the other hand I don't want to see 2070 prices just yet. All the Best, Ron.

Sorry about that, bad day I guess Yes, prices are insane, very expensive, and taking the fun out of it.and 20k is too much to swallow, I cringe at the though really. I agree, I too remember when I paid 25 dollars for a single decal SS M40 helmet, special size 71, and thought I made a fortune selling it for 700 many years later, wish I still had it. Sorry for the rant

Comment

Mixed feelings here. On the one hand it is comforting to see what value such items reach... on the other hand I guess I won't be able to get a reasonably priced Oak smock to complete the series...
            Attached Files

Comment

20K means clearly one simple thing to me: I will never have one

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                Mixed feelings here. On the one hand it is comforting to see what value such items reach... on the other hand I guess I won't be able to get a reasonably priced Oak smock to complete the series...
                nice one Albert my advice sell this one to me

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
                  nice one Albert my advice sell this one to me
                  Thanks For 20K

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                    Thanks For 20K
                    oh well i sell 2 or 3 from my collection and maybe I can take your

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
                      oh well i sell 2 or 3 from my collection and maybe I can take your
                      We could write history

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                        Sorry about that, bad day I guess Yes, prices are insane, very expensive, and taking the fun out of it.and 20k is too much to swallow, I cringe at the though really. I agree, I too remember when I paid 25 dollars for a single decal SS M40 helmet, special size 71, and thought I made a fortune selling it for 700 many years later, wish I still had it. Sorry for the rant
                        No offence taken. By the way, to all who posted pics, nice smocks! Regards, Ron.

Comment

Albert

Oh, I see Albert you sell the Parka and keep the best stuff !!! That is a nice Smock with what looks like an original drawstring. NICE!

Comment

I see I am being watched . Well, can't keep everything... can't sell everything either...

Oh, I see Albert you sell the Parka and keep the best stuff !!! That is a nice Smock with what looks like an original drawstring. NICE!

Comment

$6300

I just bought this one for $6300, but not from the Ruptured Duck.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I just bought this one for $6300, but not from the Ruptured Duck.
                                nice one doc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X