SS Camo Smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Camo Smock

Bill Shea has a SS HBT Camo smock for sale which I believe he had at the MAX show. Did any forum member see it at the MAX? If yes, is it in almost unissued condition?

Yes he does, on his site, HBT, quite rare, looks nice, however, very $$$$$ I'm sure however it will find a good home! He has a nice dot tunic as well, at a well, expensive price, wish I could get them both!

Comment

I looked for the smock and could not find it , I found the 4 pocket though , any help would be muck appreciated
      owen

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
        I looked for the smock and could not find it , I found the 4 pocket though , any help would be muck appreciated
        owen

Well, if the pics pulled, 99.9 percent its sold already or would have had a hold sign on it knowing Bill. I think it just went fast, expensive, but given condition and scarcity, where you going to find another?

Comment

HB smock

I got the pix fowarded to me .
          What a smock !!!!
          I love the angled pockets .
          What do you think the time frame is for the angle pockets ?
          They remind me of the same angle of the pockets from the fur lined winter parka .
          Which pocket came first on the m42 ?
          Fantastic smock someone is a lucky boy
          owen

Comment

Angled pockets

I believe the smock-type with the angled pockets might be manufactured at the same maker as the cammo-parka.
            Both M42/2 I owned had spring-parka cloth as cover for the waistband on the autumn side...
            Has anyone else made the same observation?

solkors

Comment

S
              I have seen a type 2 smock in a 1-2 overprint on a oak background with a 44 dot wastband and the collar also in the 44 dot .
              After looking at 20ish smocks I dont feel there is any hard rule as to the placement of the wastband ,winter side or summer side ,or to which side the cloth was sewn.
              I think they must have thought cammo was cammo .
              I have also seen smocks with the cammo loops all sewn on the wrong side also .
              owen

Comment

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...forms/u089.htm Thats the link to it but doesnt appear on the actual for sale page so i dont know if it sold. Its the same with his ss generals visor.

Comment

i have seen this smock that Shea has for sale,nice one BUT 16k is a crazy price I have sold few months ago one like this in hbt for the half of hes asking price,it was realistic imo,but 16k lol only for very rich collectors

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                    S
                    I have seen a type 2 smock in a 1-2 overprint on a oak background with a 44 dot wastband and the collar also in the 44 dot .
                    After looking at 20ish smocks I dont feel there is any hard rule as to the placement of the wastband ,winter side or summer side ,or to which side the cloth was sewn.
                    I think they must have thought cammo was cammo .
                    I have also seen smocks with the cammo loops all sewn on the wrong side also .
                    owen
                    Hi Owen!

I didnĀ“t focus on the location of the waistband - just wanted to see, if others have noticed Parka-cloth on smocks with angled pockets (M42 type 2), disregarding the majority of non-angled pocket smocks completely.
                    This could allow a thought on them being produced by the same maker...

Regards,
                    solkors

Comment

Hi S
                      I see what you are saying , I dont see why that should not be the case , I have often wondered the same thing when trying to work out the smock secrets .
                      o

Comment

HI folks!

Q : did the SS use the "planatenmuster" camo pattern in the M42 smocks?

Or only in the M38 smock?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin todt View Post
                          HI folks!

Q : did the SS use the "planatenmuster" camo pattern in the M42 smocks?

Or only in the M38 smock?
                          I think you mean "Platanenmuster", then the answer is yes, they were used in both versions of the M 42 smock.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Yes, I ment "Platanenmuster" pattern.

Do you have pictures of one of the type 2 smock with this pattern? You see, I have never seen one..

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin todt View Post
                              Hi, thanks for your reply!

Yes, I ment "Platanenmuster" pattern.

Do you have pictures of one of the type 2 smock with this pattern? You see, I have never seen one..
                              Hi,
                              sorry for asking you this but are you confusing the Platanenmuster with the Palmenmuster? There are no M42s in the Palmenmuster, M42s in the Platanenmuster are common. Just search the forum for "M42 plane tree", that should find you some.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X