No announcement yet.

SS Camo Smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I mean the platanenmuster pattern! Was this camo pattern in the M42 smocks? And which of the platanenmuster types did they use in the M42?
    I guess there was at least 4 or 5 differen camo of this (1/2, 3/4, 5, 6..)

Pictures please!

max

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin todt View Post
      Yes, I mean the platanenmuster pattern! Was this camo pattern in the M42 smocks? And which of the platanenmuster types did they use in the M42?
      I guess there was at least 4 or 5 differen camo of this (1/2, 3/4, 5, 6..)

Pictures please!

max
      many platanemuster pattern are used war time on m42 smocks

Comment

If we stick to the tread - Herringbone twill smocks were only made in eichenlaubmuster ( Oakleaf ) and rauchtarnmuster ( Blurred edge ), ordinary M-42 cotton duck were made in oakleaf, blurred edge, all different planetree, polyspot and combinations of these.

Best regards, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Palmenmuster View Post
          If we stick to the tread - Herringbone twill smocks were only made in eichenlaubmuster ( Oakleaf ) and rauchtarnmuster ( Blurred edge ), ordinary M-42 cotton duck were made in oakleaf, blurred edge, all different planetree, polyspot and combinations of these.

Best regards, Tom
          Tom is right and it is a very good answer for your question

Comment

2 cents

Uh.... like why would anybody want an Oakleaf or Blurred Edge made out of HBT? I prefer the standard Cotton Duck. And paying extra for for HBT seems really crazy. Maybe for the collector who just has to have one of everything, but not for me.

Comment

I like the hbt items, but, dont think I would pay a premium for them, i also prefer the cotton duck standard issue, however, Im sure many people want to own one of every type they can find, I just have one, and am happy with it, and its the standard type.

Comment

Thanks for your help.
                After some searching I found 2 pictures of what I think is the platanenmuster 3/4?...on the M42 smock.
                I guess this is the midwar platanenmuster camo?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin todt View Post
                  Thanks for your help.
                  After some searching I found 2 pictures of what I think is the platanenmuster 3/4?...on the M42 smock.
                  I guess this is the midwar platanenmuster camo?

The one on the top picture's right is a M42 in platane 3/4, the one next to it is a staged picture and postwar I think using one of these "pink" oak M42s.

The picture beloe shows two M38 smocks in france 1940.

If you are interested in the topic get yourself a copy of Mike Beavers "Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen-SS". There are plenty of pictures also of M42 in Platanenmuster.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Ok, thanks again

Comment

Are there any helmet covers made of HBT material like Bill Shea's smock? How about shelter halves?

Comment

Originally posted by willy View Post
                        Are there any helmet covers made of HBT material like Bill Shea's smock? How about shelter halves?

No, but there are other garments such as 4 pocket tunics+trousers and tank crew uniforms.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by goingback5 View Post
                          http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...forms/u089.htm Thats the link to it but doesnt appear on the actual for sale page so i dont know if it sold. Its the same with his ss generals visor.
                          Not to open a can of worms, but hasnt anyone questioned the weave of this material? Its a straight horizontal weave. Hbt has a very distinct up-down vertical pattern, well with atleast every piece I have seen and owned. I have seen similar material posted in threads where the unanimous opinion was fake .

Comment

I agree with Fritz, start buing books from Beaver, read the treads in the forum and look for original photos.

Best regards, Tom

Comment

My question is not asking whether these where made, but specifically the material. It looks totally bogus. Cant you see the weave? It doesnt look odd to you? Once again, not wanting a problem with forum members, but I have seen guys rip to shreds photos of garments that didnt fit the criteria. Such as there should be no V pattern should be on the reverse, material thickness, etc. Last week I see a HBT tunic for sale on E stand with a distinct V pattern on the reverse, and everyone says its good. And now this one of a kind smock is acceptable, despite the God aweful material.
                              Last edited by hoacha; 12-13-2008, 08:45 PM.

Comment

This picture is NOT taken in France!

Goody

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                                The one on the top picture's right is a M42 in platane 3/4, the one next to it is a staged picture and postwar I think using one of these "pink" oak M42s.

The picture beloe shows two M38 smocks in france 1940.

If you are interested in the topic get yourself a copy of Mike Beavers "Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen-SS". There are plenty of pictures also of M42 in Platanenmuster.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X