X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goody View Post
    This picture is NOT taken in France!

Goody
    Thank you for that valuable information. Where was it then taken? The Netherlands?

Comment

Fritz ,
      you are on point today !!!
      owen

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
        Thank you for that valuable information. Where was it then taken? The Netherlands?
        I believe it was taken in California. I am speaking of the top photo with plain white background.

Bob hritz
        Last edited by Bob Hritz; 09-27-2012, 02:40 PM.
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Picture..

The picture was in the same series as I did seen definately taken in Zeeland in may 1940.The wheel you see on the right side is from a 3.7 pak canon., and there is a series of pics where they move the canon in the road in front of ( between Yerseke and Kapelle). 15 KM from my place ;-)These guys are from "Deutschland"VT. in the book"Duitsland verovert Zeeland"- smocks are early planetree.Also guys you will see on the original pics with. "Block pattern" smocks. Original Pictures are now in property ( split - up) by Jan de Jonge in Hoogerheide -Brabant- Netherlands and Kees Traas from war-museum "Bevrijdingsmuseum Zeeland" in Zeeland - Netherlands.
          Fritz you can be right., also in the book "waffen SS im Westen" same pics as book mentioned., but pictures are early planetree smocks IMO.
          Last edited by blamers; 09-27-2012, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blamers View Post
            The picture was probably definately taken in Zeeland in may 1940 ( between Yerseke and Kapelle. These guys are from "Deutschland"VT. in the book"Duitsland verovert Zeeland"- smocks are early planetree.Also guys you will see on the original pics. "Block pattern. Original Pictures are now in property ( split - up) by Jan de Jonge in Hoogerheide -Brabant- Netherlands and Kees Traas from war-museum "Bevrijdingsmuseum Zeeland" in Zeeland - Netherlands.

Pictures from the same scene were published in the period book "Waffen-SS im Westen". The book does not give any information as to where they were taken, just that shortly after those pages showing these pictures parts of the french campaign were covered.

I am sorry but to me this is hair-splitting, anyhow as far as the topic of this thread is concerned. If we are into hair-splitting here then I have to say that these men are Germania personal IMHO, not Deutschland.

It is anyhow the western front in 1940 no matter if france or the netherlands, Germania or Deutschland. - The smocks were no different and that was/is the point.

Thanks for the info though.

Cheers
            Last edited by Fritz; 09-27-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
              Fritz ,
              you are on point today !!!
              owen
              "Today" ?????

Comment

Hi Fritz,

I'm busy doing a report about those pictures that are taken in this vicinity.
                Those pictures are taken in Belgium and almost near my home!

I'm sry! I know it had nothing the do with the topic, but many are wrong about those pictures!
                Best,
                Goody

BTW; you are right! This are men from Germania!

Comment

Originally posted by goody View Post
                  Hi Fritz,

I'm busy doing a report about those pictures that are taken in this vicinity.
                  Those pictures are taken in Belgium and almost near my home!

I'm sry! I know it had nothing the do with the topic, but many are wrong about those pictures!
                  Best,
                  Goody

BTW; you are right! This are men from Germania!
                  I believe that some pages later there is a dead belgian soldier pictured in some village. But I am not that good with french and belgian uniforms and couldn't tell what is what in a BW picture. So, if it is indeed a belgian soldier, it would make sense.

I talked with "blamers" via PM and anyhow "Waffen-SS im Westen" seems to have some mixed up info ... for instance those men appeared in an earlier chapter in the same book.

So I find it hard to locate the exact place where they were taken and the architectural details in that picture are not really illuminating.

Cheers

Comment

Dead man are french in a small village "Kapelle". Nearby Kapelle is a graveyard with fallen french soldiers.
                    Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                    I believe that some pages later there is a dead belgian soldier pictured in some village. But I am not that good with french and belgian uniforms and couldn't tell what is what in a BW picture. So, if it is indeed a belgian soldier, it would make sense.

I talked with "blamers" via PM and anyhow "Waffen-SS im Westen" seems to have some mixed up info ... for instance those men appeared in an earlier chapter in the same book.

So I find it hard to locate the exact place where they were taken and the architectural details in that picture are not really illuminating.

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X