No announcement yet.

W-SS Sturmscharfuhrer Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My coment has little to do directly with the discussion concerning the color worn be Artillery or Pioneers serving in Infantry Regiments but I can tell you that I have seen copies of orders assigning SS medical officers (usually Asst. Surgeons) to SS Infantry Bns and to SS Infantry Regiment level (one level above a Bn of course) and I KNOW that those officers would not have worn white piping or any other color other than cornflower blue....so it would be a fact that not EVERYONE at Infantry regiment level and even lower would have worn white.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
      My coment has little to do directly with the discussion concerning the color worn be Artillery or Pioneers serving in Infantry Regiments but I can tell you that I have seen copies of orders assigning SS medical officers (usually Asst. Surgeons) to SS Infantry Bns and to SS Infantry Regiment level (one level above a Bn of course) and I KNOW that those officers would not have worn white piping or any other color other than cornflower blue....so it would be a fact that not EVERYONE at Infantry regiment level and even lower would have worn white.
      Hi Phil,
      that is true as regiments usually didn't have any medics. They received "their" medic personal from the Sanitäts-Unit, which was in the case of HJ the "SS-Sanitäts-Abteilung 12" a number of these men were on the frontline mixed into the larger units but not part of them.

They had cornflower blue Waffenfarbe in any case...

Am I the only one here that feels a bit confused...?

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
        What is the books source how did the author arrive at this conclusion? I would look into that before drawing conclusions on Waffenfarbe colors.
        There are photos of Men in the Das Reich Stug battalion wearing red and the "Der Fuhrer" cuff title.
        Yes, I think it was mentioned earlier that "Der Führer" had a separate support unit, "Deutschland" aparently didn't...?

I have no idea were that info is coming from originally. Sorry.... It is quite detailed also telling the reader what the inventar on heavy weapons looked like by that time etc.. It doesn't look as if it was made up.

Nevertheless, I think that irregularities were more than just possible. However, the constellation in this case is a bit odd.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Im willing to go out on a limb and say the info in that book is at best questionable.

Comment

John, how can you say that, it is in a book. Jaccques

Im willing to go out on a limb and say the info in that book is at best questionable.

Comment

Sorry for the interruption, but does anyway thinks this tunic in question is 110% original and untouched?

Comment

John,

Are you sure that the DF folks were members of the DR stug battalion? If so, they should have worn the Das Reich cufftitle and red waffenfarbe - no question. Now the Der Fuhrer (but not Deutschland) did have a platoon of six Grille self-propelled 150mm infantry guns - which formed part of the third battalion of that regiment (the only infantry battalion of the six in the division that was equipped with Sd Kfz 251 halftracks - hence the inclusion SP infantry guns). The personnel of this platoon certainly wore the assault gun uniform with DF cufftitle and could have worn red waffenfarbe...but I am not yet certain on the waffenfarbe.

The Agte book on Peiper has great pictures of this platoon (which formed part of his command: III.(gep.)/SS-Pz-Gren. Rgt 2. Cheers,

Mike

Comment

That is true but is it possible for you to help us in that matter and give us some more information on the topic?

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Originally posted by Hasse.M View Post
                    Sorry for the interruption, but does anyway thinks this tunic in question is 110% original and untouched?
                    Me personally I don't...

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

I have to go through all my books to find it but Im certain of it.

Comment

John,

That would be a very interesting picture. Another option might be that the pciture shows members of the DF half-track battalion (III. SS-Pz-Gren. Rgt 4 DF) - it was common for the vehicle crews to wear assault gun uniforms but they would have also worn white waffenfarbe.

For Hasse.M - I have doubts.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Hasse.M View Post
                          No.

But hypothetically if it was; would you pay that much for a Sturmscharführer tunic? I know the rank is rare but is it that rare and desirable over an officers tunic?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                            No.

But hypothetically if it was; would you pay that much for a Sturmscharführer tunic? I know the rank is rare but is it that rare and desirable over an officers tunic?

I would go as far as maybe 7000eu.

For this one then I only had payed for a stripped tunic and for the original parts.

C.G is asking 16.000$. I seriously consider if the man is insane.

Best regards!

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                              Hi Phil,
                              that is true as regiments usually didn't have any medics. They received "their" medic personal from the Sanitäts-Unit, which was in the case of HJ the "SS-Sanitäts-Abteilung 12" a number of these men were on the frontline mixed into the larger units but not part of them.

They had cornflower blue Waffenfarbe in any case...

Am I the only one here that feels a bit confused...?

Cheers

Fritz
                              You are not the only one confused!! I have no clue what 1/2 of this discussion is about....but again I will tell anyone as a fact that I have seen original copies of orders concerning several different SS medical officers being ASSIGNED to various Bn within a number of SS infantry regiments and these guys were part of the regiment and did wear the regimental cuff band. I suspect to the point that I would bet a lot of money that these medical officers were not the only ones wearing other waffenfarbe within a regiment.

I think that the entire discussion is getting way in the weeds. Most all speciality branch personnel were represented at every major level of a divison above the Bn level and some were at that level. In addition most of the support branches had thier own units assigined at divison level.

An organization chart is worth a thousand words!

For a typical example- A signal Lt. could be assigned to the Signal Bn of the divison or could be assinged to the staff of a Infantry regiment within that division...in either case he would wear lemon yellow waffenfarbe...end of story....that officer would wear his branch of qualification color regardless of the type unit he was posted in.

If anyone can prove otherwise I would love to see it.

Comment

The photo I speak of is of members of Ernst Krag's Stug unit.One of them stil wears a DF cufftitle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X