• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I've had a number of emails about the beret insignia and some kind offers of more photos. Here is an original photo of an SS panzer soldier wearing an SS beret. The skull on his is different than any others I have seen or seen photographs of. I will post the photo and also the insignia blown up as best I can. I maintain than there are more variations on this insignia than we will ever know. I still maintain that much of that may be from the hand machine detailing on the skull. I am also posting a black and white illustration of the off white variety. The eagle in that set is different than any others that have been posted. My off white eagle is closer in appearance to the silver gray variety below it in my color photo, than to that illustrated in the black and white photo.

Richard
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files
            Last edited by Richard P; 01-22-2008, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
              What are thoughts on this one?
              Agreed, an Original example.

Unlike some (IMHO) that have been posted in this thread.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Bryon Singer,

Please elaborate and call out which post numbers have the bad insignia. Then please state the whys and wherefore's of each, so that we can all be enlightened. I take the time to write opinions and have posted many photos with the discussions. I'm sure your moderator friends would be more than happy to post photos in support of your dissertation as to why some posted insignia are fake. Its very easy to call something bad and call it an honest opinion and leave it at that. If you truly want to be honest, then don't state your opinion than can forever tarnish another person's property without the opinion being accompanied by some semblance of proof or at least something for discussion. Sure...it is harder and more time consuming to state your case, but in all fairness and consideration, please take the time and share your research with the rest of us that don't want to be fooled anymore

Here is another period photo of an SS panzer EM wearing the beret eagle as a sleeve eagle, which we have seen pictured many times. This one happens to be a fairly large and high quality photo which lends the eagle to being enlarged. It looks amazingly like my off-white eagle. I suppose this could be a staged photo with a fake beret eagle on his wrap and the boneheaded photo faker didn't have an SS M-43 so he had to use a Heer M-43, since no one would probably notice.

Richard
                Attached Files

Comment

2. Blowup of the above pictured sleeve eagle.
                  Attached Files

Comment

3. Eagle on stug beret piece.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                      Bryon Singer,

Please elaborate and call out which post numbers have the bad insignia. Then please state the whys and wherefore's of each, so that we can all be enlightened....I'm sure your moderator friends would be more than happy to post photos in support of your dissertation as to why some posted insignia are fake... If you truly want to be honest, then don't state your opinion than can forever tarnish another person's property without the opinion being accompanied by some semblance of proof or at least something for discussion...but in all fairness and consideration, please take the time and share your research with the rest of us that don't want to be fooled anymore...
                      Richard
                      Per request, to elaborate on my post #36, in my OPINION, the insignia in posts 6, 11, 12, 13, 16, 22, 23, (9 & 35 are too unclear for a determination) of this thread, I would be skeptical of.

This is only my OPINION, I am admittedly no expert in this, all too vague, area and I certainly cannot prove that they are reproductions. However, their construction is "inconsistent" with what I hold to be "traits" of Original insignia. And I personally would not own them.

Further, I apologize in advance if this response is found to be insufficient for some.

B. N. Singer
                      Last edited by B. N. Singer; 01-28-2008, 08:58 AM.

Comment

skull

I must agree with Bryons opinion on the beret insignia, the white backgrounds on skulls he has singled out are incorrectly made , the detailed black stitching has nothing to do with it.......... Manions and Dr.D examples have been turning up with amazing consistancy for the last few years , kind of well made but fake.
                        jimtoncar

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
                          I must agree with Bryons opinion on the beret insignia...
                          jimtoncar
                          When you receive affirmation of your opinion from one of the Very Best, it is indeed gratifying, thank you Mr. Toncar!

Best,
                          Bryon

Comment

Because something has been "surfacing"in the last few years means nothing. Up until then ..and the internet some people even experts only had the opportunity to see a very few if any at all. So to say something is fake because you saw a few more than you like to see is just an opinion.
                            Maybe if they started showing up in bindles a show tables then I would be alarmed.There are also alot of early SS insignias showing up in the last few years always in good unworn shape but they are of coarse accepted becasue of who owns them thus variety is discounted.

" I am admittedly no expert in this, all too vague, area and I certainly cannot prove that they are reproductions"

Then all the more reason not to share an opinion.Although reasonable suspiscion is always a good thing a few known fake examples would back it up or a parade of them being offered everywhere like the Seider eagles.Maybe Traders makes them or another fake making firm?
                            Im adding my two cents for Richard because I know him he is not a novice nor is he a know it all or maverick he just would hate to see something condemed that may really have a chance and looking at the funny skull in one picture he shows it proves variety existed.
                            Last edited by John Pic; 01-28-2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

" It looks amazingly like my off-white eagle."

Do you really think so? I reckon that if you could put the two of them side by side you would change your opinion.
                              Cheers Bill.

Comment

Where would anyone find an original piece of beret cloth to sew two pieces of fake insignias on. Where is Mr. Spock when you need him.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X