Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually yes....................... 20 years of fuuuuuuuuuun

Comment

A great job indeed ! Now as for the uniform you cannot look at it in the same light that you look at lower ranking more common pieces. This is an item one can truly say "stands on its own merits" and need no story or hardcore provence.

But the fact remains JR that many of the lower ranking tunics and uniforms do need more explaining because of different variety in insignia styles and also the fact that they are often post war put together.The uniform I have was supposedly found hidden behind the walls of a home..if I were to post it in detail im sure there are many who would find reason to point out to me the unbelievability of the story while finding small details that do not meet THIER standards for originality even if they never owned an SS tunic or just have one.So the Generals tunic is a different excercise it requires no explaining because just looking at it one can see what it is due to its unique nature .

Comment

In lieu of that, what a discovery of significant importance this SS Generals set is! Unbelievable!

Comment

Don't Forget

Well remember the story of the Dealer named Gus who is still trying to sell Karl-Marie Demelhubers tunic? He has been carrying it around for three years now......no sale. It is good and nobody cares.

Comment

Well, if anyone cares, notice the pic of the 2 SS guys on trial. Not a piece of SS insignia left on their tunics. I pointed this out in the last thread on the medical SS tunic, but I don't know if anyone noticed my post.

And yet, Hildebrandt was able to stash away 2 tunics with full regalia for us future collectors.

Comment

That's because he was captured in that uniform and forced to strip off insignia. They didn't take these guys home and pull out all of their uniforms and strip them. Many officers, and NCOs for that matter, had at home uniforms, waffenrocks, walkout dress, etc. for when they were home on furlough. These tunics and uniforms survived with insignia intact... those that weren't taken out into the back yard and buried before the Russians got there that is.

Bob

Comment

OK who owns them...?

Comment

Why

Bobwirtz, why do you try?

Comment

dam, Who the hell cares what anyone here or there likes ,,,all that matters is the owner, and one day a buyer will like it..

This topic reminds me of the old joke about the Master fisherman,,you know who was expert in baiting hooks
                    Happy Holiday guys

Comment

try

Somebody must try or the world will be lost

Comment

Thats right I saw the Demelhuber tunic at the Pamona show,another impressive uniform. It was with Gus V. on his table I didnt ask a price just admired it.

Ive never had too much interest in the higher ranking officer items,the history is interesting but I enjoy more the front line officer "an der Spitze" as it were.

Comment

I found this thread from 12/07 discussing the SS generals uniform to Obergruppenfuhrer Hildebrandt. For anyone interested, it can be viewed at the upcoming SOS show in Louisville KY.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X