No announcement yet.

18000 for a restored tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youre welcome Sonny thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Hi John and Bob,

Very sorry to hear that. I have been very fortunate to learn from your previous posts and pictures. This is a great forum and we are learning a lot every day from the experienced collectors.

Rgds
      Pål

Comment

I must be missing something... For years I have seen SS tunics - ORIGINAL, non-restored tunics - selling for nearly half what this restored job is bringing. I have seen tunics on that site when there was some question whether the piece was restored or not selling for considerably less than that. So my question is:

WHY IN HIMMLER'S NAME WOULD ANYONE PAY 18 GRAND FOR SOMETHING BEING SOLD OPENLY AS NOT ORIGINAL?!

Comment

The tunic is now listed as sold. Where do these fools with this kind of money come from? Boy I need to be a dealer.

Comment

Sometimes dealers play the game. Just get the prices up there for profit.
            Someone has line on a BIG FISH! ( buyer with deep pockets) or just playing the game.

Thanks Joe Semen

Comment

So what is a nice original uniform worth restored or not?

Comment

Thats a hard question to answer now John, but with the prices as they are going now IMO and prediction we can certainly point to the dealer prices and expect to get at least a certain reasonable % of the exponential dealer prices ( for restored and untouched respectivly) EVEN while selling as a Collector without a dealers name or reputation. We can certainly handrail this by default to our advantage.

Best,

Pete

Comment

No Idea on the pricing. I have been out of the loop too long.
                  Your guess will be just as good as mine. I just know through the years the hobby is turning into a business. From all the increase of prices and well made fakes.

Thanks Joe Semen

Comment

John, I think that a nice original restored tunic is worth the price of the insignia combined and the cost of a stripped tunic, I just can't see paying a premium above that. Sonny

Comment

What about an untouched tunic? I mean I would love to get $18000 for a tunic if I could, heck Id turn it around buy a couple heer uniforms and an RK to boost to heck with SS stuff if its going this high.
                      Last edited by John Pic; 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Hi John, if by untouched you mean an original ss tunic that is not put together or restored than I think that $18000 and above is what your going to pay or be payed. In fact John, I'm sorry to say I know that number's higher for what's out there that's original in all aspects. The only original ss tunics that might be found cheaper are the black em Allgemeine. God knows I've been looking. I've experienced finding untouched ss tunics just very hard to come by, and takes years to learn.
                        As to the tunic that Craig had I know that a member posted that it was marked sold, would love to know what it sold for. The price of all rare ss insignia and tunics the past five years has just gone off the chart. Best, Sonny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X