Clear All

II.

Comment

III.

Comment

Michael

Comment

I hope somebody can answer my question:
          Whas Hauptsturmführer Willi Dethier a German or a Flame? In the book of Martin Soors, he says he is a German and in the book Vlamingen aan het Oostfront he is a Flame . Dethier is a Flemish name, but is he a Flame?

Comment

a German!

Originally posted by -Michael
            I hope somebody can answer my question:
            Whas Hauptsturmführer Willi Dethier a German or a Flame? In the book of Martin Soors, he says he is a German and in the book Vlamingen aan het Oostfront he is a Flame . Dethier is a Flemish name, but is he a Flame?

Comment

I was presented this flag and I need an opinion on it. I don’t see anything wrong with it but I also never had one before. What would be the approximate value being? I need to know, as it is an eventual trade

It is very big (almost 2 x 3 meters); the corners where the rope is attached are reinforced.

Marc
              Attached Files

Comment

detail NSB shild
                Attached Files

Comment

Reinforced corners
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great Find Today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Fellow Flemish Collectors,

This morning made my weekend, my week, my month, etc. ...
                    While I was at home, resting that is, my mother and father went out shopping ... when they arrived, there was a small local antique fair being held and because of their interest in old stuff, they decided to walk over the little market. All of a sudden I was called ... "FvI, does that mean something son", off course mom, it's the initials of the former Flemish Waffen-SS Kriegsberichter Frans van Immerseel ... who became a famous artist after the war ... turned out there where some little treasures he made ... and all was bought. But that was not the only thing, there was also some paperwork, mainly correspondance between FvI and some other persons. Many signed postcard from close after the war etc. ... this was already big, since items and memorabilia from this person are highly sought after in Flanders. But then, mom noticed two handmade wooden beauties ... one with the text "Aan Maayke - Harde tijden Gaan Voorbij" (Dedicated to Mayke - Hard times will also go by) and then handcrafted two little prison windows ... plus the back was dated Tongeren 1945. The other one "Aan mijn vrouwke - En toch" (to my little wife - And still ...", again with a handcrafted prison window and the uprising sun ... again dated Tongeren 1945 (both handcrafted pieces were also signed by the original maker, who I have identified by now, but I will hold the name to me as from personal reasons) ... now at first sight, these items are not interesting ... but I'm sure a lof of the Flemish Collectors over here will tell you they are worth a lot ... why? Well, all of the Flemish Collaborators were sentenced, some were shot, others got life sentences, hard sentences and almost every single collaborator ended up in jail ... in Tongeren there was such a jail ... and by identifying this name, I found out this two pieces were handcrafted by a former VNV/DM-ZB member ... who was sentenced to forced labour and 4 years imprisonnement ... during his trail he made these items for his relatives ... this was commonly done amongst imprisonned flemish collaborators and I have in my collection many more similar items, going from handcrafted wooden pieces, to photo albums, to calendars, to diaries, etc. etc. ... this pieces are amazing and I'm truelly glad with this find (which almost cost me nearly nothing !!!) ... enjoy, this is a little different, but though these are nice items!

A general view of my little treasure

Comment

A first detail ...

One of the handcrafted wooden beauties ... I'll let the scans do the talking from now ...

Comment

Yet another detail ...

The other wooden handcrafted piece made during his imprisonnement right after the war for being a member of the VNV/DM-ZB ...

Comment

Some of the Frans van Immerseel pieces ...

Comment

A detailed shot of the Frans van Immerseel autograph on one of the correspondance items ... (for those interested, I now have two handsigned and original autographed Frans van Immerseel postcards open for sale/trading)

Comment

Once again, if the photos don't show, wait a little bit and try again or PM me and I'll mail them. I'm still using geocities, and you know the story with the data transfer ... too much visitors, photos go bananas

I'm very curious to reactions ...

Comment

found this in a book of mine and thought you guys would like
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X