• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent thread.

Comment

Comment

E.S.P.F. eagle

Anyone have one of these eagles to put up?
        Unusual how some companies made either the
        skull or the eagle and not both, considering
        they were usually worn as a set?

Comment

Hi chaps

Was there ever a skull produced just marked 52 without any other markings on the top rear of the skull? Been offered one but not got any pics as yet?

Cheers Mike

Comment

There is a correct variation with the lone "52" on the back of the forehead area, but they should also have an "RZM" mark on the lower jaw area. Sometimes this can easily be overlooked. Post some pics if you can get some. This is a rather rare skull if it is the real deal.

Chris

Comment

I have a couple more that are a little interesting. To start here's a M1/52 Deschler.

NOTE the "flat footed" prongs.

Attached Files

Comment

Next is a M1/24 Overhoff.

NOTE the notched prongs.

Attached Files

Comment

Better shot of the notched prongs on the Overhoff...

Attached Files

Comment

Next is a RZM M1/72 Zimmerman eagle.

Note on this one the round mounted spear tipped prongs.

Attached Files

Comment

Your M1/52 is extremely nice. It is what I call the "transitional M1/52" skull.
                      You may have noticed that the front strike is actually just like the earlier "RZM 52" skulls, but it is marked "M1/52", (note: the slash in the "Z"). IMO, this is the only time that it is proper to have prongs attached in this manner on an "M1/52" marked skull. Very nice and rare piece. I actually do not own this variation, so please send me a PM if it is available. Also, collectors should be aware that great quality fakes of this variation do exist.

Best,

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. It was really nice to get the skull last Saturday.

Now in the spirit of the thread, here's another eagle. Nothing really special but fun to look at none the less and a little better finish than is usually encountered with these.

RZM 155/42 Assmann

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to Jim, for letting me add this beautiful transitional M1/52 skull to my own collection. It is in fact, CupAl, and therefore it is a bit thicker than the typical brass "RZM 52" skulls. However, from the front, it looks just like an "RZM 52" skull. By the way, the finish appears much brighter than the pictures show. Thanks again!

Chris

Comment

You are welcome! It is a real beauty. I only wish that every vet grouping contained as many jewels as this one did.

I am happy that it found a fitting home in an advanced collection.

Good luck hunting the rest.

Comment

Comment

Hi Guys,

Indeed an excellent thread.

Some questions if you will allow.

I am somewhat confused about the codes used.

Why are there two types of codes used: M1/52 (Deschler - year of make unknown) versus 155/42 (also Deschler (?) - made in 1942)?

Of the second type, which are known: (year less interesting)? 155 (Deschler?), 394 (unknown?), 475 (unknown?), 499 (Zimmermann)? Any more?

Are there any other markings besides the two types already mentioned and the completely unmarked (is this just one type or are there various unmarked ones?) and those stamped Ges Gesch (is this just one type or are there various Ges Gesch?)?

Are the other foreign made ones besides the Belgian one?

Am I correct that skulls and eagles came in: aluminium, cupal, neu silber, buntmetall and zink?

Is there a clear difference between cupal, neu silber and buntmetall or are these overlapping/same/similar?

Well that were a lot of questions. I hope you can help me out as there is a lack of reference for these insignia.

THANKS

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X