Clear All

My Zimmerman set

Ss1
    Attached Files

Comment

SS Eagle
      Attached Files

Comment

Both are cupal. The eagle with painted finish and skull bare alluminum. Both with the copper backs unfinished..........Jimmy
        Attached Files

Comment

And here is the extremely rare 155/38 eagle.

Derek
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, Bob Hritz and I are making that book together. I've written much of the text already, but I need a zillion dollar camera for the very best close-up photos and with our collections combined, I think we have all of the known variations except for one or two.

I guess it will be at least a year or two before it is finished.
                Also, there will not be a lot of history in the book, as it will mainly
                focus solely on the later style metal SS visor insignias.
                I will do my very best to try to cover everything and be as complete and as thorough as possible, as I will be writing most the book and organizing everything. My goal is to provide the ultimate reference for collectors
                and also to construct what I believe will be the first SS militaria
                book that will not contain a single fake, (not even any fakes that are described as fake). As collectors, I believe that we only need to know the originals because if you know the originals, you should automatically know the fakes when you see them.

Best,
                Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                  Yes, Bob Hritz and I are making that book together. I've written much of the text already, but I need a zillion dollar camera for the very best close-up photos and with our collections combined, I think we have all of the known variations except for one or two.

I guess it will be at least a year or two before it is finished.
                  Also, there will not be a lot of history in the book, as it will mainly
                  focus solely on the later style metal SS visor insignias.
                  I will do my very best to try to cover everything and be as complete and as thorough as possible, as I will be writing most the book and organizing everything. My goal is to provide the ultimate reference for collectors
                  and also to construct what I believe will be the first SS militaria
                  book that will not contain a single fake, (not even any fakes that are described as fake). As collectors, I believe that we only need to know the originals because if you know the originals, you should automatically know the fakes when you see them.

Best,
                  Chris
                  ok,I will be very very happy to get a copy from that book

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                    As collectors, I believe that we only need to know the originals because if you know the originals, you should automatically know the fakes when you see them.
                    Chris,

I wish that were so, but there is ample evidence on this forum that far too few collectors (even experienced ones) have as critical of an eye for detail as you do. We see what are, to us, obvious fakes posted here over and over by people asking if they are good, because, to them, they look just like the photos of originals they have seen on the forum and elsewhere. In my opinion, in a book, just like here, most will need someone to compare and contrast the differences between originals and fakes. Only by doing so will many finally see what you see.

Best,
                    Brad

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                      Chris,
                      In my opinion, in a book, just like here, most will need someone to compare and contrast the differences between originals and fakes.

Best,
                      Brad
                      Agreed. It wasn't too long ago that every skull and eagle posted looked the same to me.

It took many hours of studing, (and a lot of help from friends) to see the differences between the originals and the fakes. (I compared.) And I still make mistakes, however, not so often anymore.

I'm looking forward to see the book.

Comment

Hello Brad!

Thanks for the kinds words and support. This is the kind of feedback I need. What you said does make since. Of course, not too many collectors will try to study them like you and I do, but I figured that there might be a few that would and the others who don't put much time into it, would at least have a great guide, if they would just use it. The problem with puting a fake section in the book, is that I don't have many fakes.
                        Also, there would be no way to show every fake variation and even if I did, there are always new fakes coming out, so the only way that collectors can be safe, (or as safe as possible), is to study them and learn the originals. Otherwise, the book might help people to spot the low quality fakes, but not the best fakes, even if they were shown in the book, collectors would still have to study a good bit as well, regardless
                        of the pictures quality. Anyway, I would love to get more opinions on the matter. Maybe I should just show a few good fakes.

Anyway, I would like to wish everyone Happy holidays.

Best,
                        Chris

Comment

My Zimmerman Adler

Here's my contribution;
                          a Zimmerman RZM M1/72 eagle (which I just sold... going to Norway!)
                          Nick
                          Attached Files

Comment

the back

One prong has been repaired...(this type only had 2 prongs)
                            Attached Files

Comment

That eagle is what I like to refer to, as the "solid back" Zimmermann style eagles. They are usually much thicker than any other SS eagle variation.
                              It's extremely rare to find one in zinc.

Best,
                              Chris

Comment

Hey Chris ,
                                You happen to have a picture of the reverse of a "solid back" Zimmermann? I would like to see yours if you have one.

Thanks,
                                Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X