X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by derka View Post
    hello,

Ben, a question to be sure to understand correctly your words :
    " How do I know it's SS? because the piping, although almost all gone is/was white wool and not silver wire."
    you mean that if there is white wool piping on a mle 43 officer cap, it was manufactured and used only by SS ?
    and silver wire was not ?

by the way, i completly agree with you about difficulty to reproduce correctly signs of wear and age.

like you, i prefer worn ones too.

regards
    derka
    Yes, unless I'm totaly wrong (NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME!) white piping on an M43 would be for SS only, not Heer.

Comment

re,

ok Ben, thanks,
      i just asked as i know an original heer officer's one, with a "T" officer insignia still on it, and with white piping.
      maybe as often, regulation had exceptions ?
      because in this case, i suppose a faker wouldn't change a SS model for a Heer one.
      or it would be a very smart attempt of deception,
      for a lower value...

regards
      derka

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
        I have seen that type of skull on a few cut offs from M43's as well. However its a rare skull.
        Totaly agree Felix I have one of those in my collection with the same skull and no one of EM M43 I have has RB number
        Hope to know more from this thread.
        Luca
        Attached Files
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
          re,

ok Ben, thanks,
          i just asked as i know an original heer officer's one, with a "T" officer insignia still on it, and with white piping.
          maybe as often, regulation had exceptions ?
          because in this case, i suppose a faker wouldn't change a SS model for a Heer one.
          or it would be a very smart attempt of deception,
          for a lower value...

regards
          derka

Well, we all know that the rules were broken alll the time in the Third Reich. Post your cap, lets see what it is!

Comment

Here a close up of the skull.
            Seem to me that maybe EM M43 hats have not RB Nr stamp.
            Friends and collectors, I'd like to know from who has seen a lot of originals if what Mr Hrits told us could be the true and please if anyone has in his opinion an authentic cap with RB number, let's see us.

Luca
            Attached Files
            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by oragno View Post
              Totaly agree Felix I have one of those in my collection with the same skull and no one of EM M43 I have has RB number
              Hope to know more from this thread.
              Luca
              Very Nice example! Are the insignias machine sewn (zig - zag stitched)??

OOPs, did not see your post #50, sorry.

B. N. Singer

Comment

re,

i can't, Ben,
                as it doesn't belong to me, unfortunatly.
                sorry.

regards
                derka

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  Now I will think what I have to do with the cap, send it back or not.

Cheers
                  T

Comment

Originally posted by Drapeau Noir View Post
                    Thanks guys!
                    Now I will think what I have to do with the cap, send it back or not.

Cheers
                    T
                    the cap is very nice if the insignia are original to this cap or not it is still great item

Comment

Besslein, sorry, what do you mean? You told me you dont belive any WSS item have been RBN marked except for zelbahnen, right? Then you suppose my SS M43 is a fake one or at least an Heer one with WSS insignas, am I wrong?

thanks
                      T

Comment

Luca,

I love the look of your single button M-43 cap. I have never been able to find on.

I have never seen an original SS M-43 with an RB number. It is not impossible for an army hat to have been used by a Waffen-SS man, but I woiuld not want it any more than a heer visor hat with an eagle and skull.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

And what about the one which the link has been posted by Francesco then?
                          Thanks

Tom

Comment

The only cap that I would want, posted on this thread, is the cap owned by Luca.

I do not know how to say it more clearly: I would not want a Waffen-SS cap with a Heer RB number.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              The RB number, on a cap with SS insignia, would be enough for me to walk away.

Bob Hritz
                              I totally disagree. I've seen M1943 field caps, both enlisted and officer, with RB Numbers in them and they are 100% authentic. Both were dated 1944.

(The Other) Bob

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem with an RB.Nr in an ss cap if everything else checked out as ok. I don't understand the reason why there should never be one, full stop.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X