No announcement yet.

Waffen Ss Tropical Field Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent offering at The Ruptured Duck.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Is the skull good on this one? I've gone through previous thread on BeVO skulls and didn't find an exact match to this one.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by juvatwad View Post
          Is the skull good on this one? I've gone through previous thread on BeVO skulls and didn't find an exact match to this one.

Ian
          interesting question, of the 2 'standard' tropical skulls it isn't one of these.
          I'm happy it is an original skull but have only seen a couple in 'tropical' tan, think they had mixed reviews too
          any thoughts guys??
          wisches

Comment

Originally posted by wisches View Post
            interesting question, of the 2 'standard' tropical skulls it isn't one of these.
            I'm happy it is an original skull but have only seen a couple in 'tropical' tan, think they had mixed reviews too
            any thoughts guys??
            wisches
            Never seen this one in tropical, but it's definitely good.
            Very interesting.

Comment

I did some more digging and found this nontropical version that appears to match.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting topic indeed!

What do you think about this SS M41? It has a size 57 stamp and an STATNI FILM stamp '1951' as common on these ex-STATNI items...

Loose thread remains seem to be still visible on the front, where once the eagle and skull were.

Thanks a lot, Flecktarn!

Comment

perfectly genuine

Comment

Thanks, had a good feeling about it myself as well! More opnions are welcome though...

I was wondering how many of these caps are known in the 'collectors world', cause they are graded very scarce... Of course it might by difficult to name the exact amount of tropical Waffen-SS M41's but are there, let's say 20 pieces know, or more likely 50 or more?

And how come they are so scarce? Were there so few made those days?

Thansk a lot for your help, Flecktarn!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X