Waffen Ss Tropical Field Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dakcollector View Post
    Here's a very, very salty SS tropical field cap that just arrived today @ my office! The insignia is hand applied and there are no maker stamps visible inside the cap. Your thoughts and opinions are certainly welcome! :-)

Wonderful cap! Congratulations!
    John
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
      the last cap posted here has a very questionable origin, the guy who has owned and offered this cap for sale has offered some top repros in the past, i was thinking abaut purchase this one but have to pass ,becose czech republic is not the best pleace for shoping TR items today.
      you're right , Arek, but in this case it was doubtless and not too expensive.

here another one where I would be suspicious :

http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/shop/viewphoto.php?x=2

I don't like the eagle....

Comment

r

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post

What?????????!!!!!!!

Its a text book mint cap and insignia!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post

?
          Last edited by Martin Stiles; 10-29-2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Some interesting observations in this thread. I'm no expert on this type of cap but would like to answer a few non the less.

Originally posted by Erich Wahl View Post
            Since loose SS tropical cap eagles are extremely rare then does the mere fact an SS tropical cap has one make it more likely than not it's an original cap?
            Surely not a guarantee but I'd say it helps authentic the item too a large degree. I've only ever seen 2 x SS trop cap eagles come out the woodwork in 10 years of collecting. So, unless someone has a box full of originals, where on earth would you find one to place on a fake cap?

Originally posted by besslein View Post
            the last cap posted here has a very questionable origin, the guy who has owned and offered this cap for sale has offered some top repros in the past, i was thinking abaut purchase this one but have to pass ,becose czech republic is not the best pleace for shoping TR items today.
            This cap which I've now bought, is from the same source as the SS cap on this thread that everyone likes.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=467510

One of the Czech fakes you speak of? it could be, there were many doubts expressed on my thread but at the end of the day, it's a calculated gamble with nearly everything that we buy and sometimes it pays off.

I'm sure dakcollector felt the same about the SS trop cap he bought?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Stiles View Post
              What?????????!!!!!!!

Its a text book mint cap and insignia!!!
              I'm not so keen on the eagle but the rest looks fine to me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Compared to the one posted earlier.
                Attached Files

Comment

I must have chlamydia or something, everytime I post, everyone disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                    I must have chlamydia or something, everytime I post, everyone disappears.
                    Ben,

I'm really sorry...you have severe halitosis, and it even reaches the states, so I'm sure it's all over Europe and Scandinavia. I'm not sure about China and the Orient, perhaps members can weigh in from there.

Comment

I brushed my teeth tonight so you're all safe I hope.

What's the thoughts on that birdie then?

Comment

Actually Mr Badbreath I ll crack open the old vault and say that in tropical ss caps there is a Bastard size eagle to be found on maybe 40 percent or more of the original caps I ve observed. .A hair larger than ANY white eagle I ve ever seen....Billbert

Comment

The bastard eagle, I like that!

Apparently, Hitler had terrible halitosis. I bet no one told him though!

Comment

I handled the SS tropical field cap now on Hannah's Reich website @ the most recent MAX Show and IMHO it's a 100% original mint unissued cap.

The 5-line Wagenmann/Hehner stamp is exactly the same as a cap I picked up earlier this year (and posted on this WAF thread) that is also mint but with an SS tropical sleeve eagle in lieu of the smaller tropical cap eagle which apparently was in short supply.

With regards to the well worn SS tropical cap, I have no doubt about it's authenticity despite it coming out of the Czech Republic. Remember, the Waffen SS traversed through this region freqeuently as they moved in/out of Southern Russia & Greece and were fitted with tropical clothing for warmer climates/seasons.

I also greatly appreciate your PMs and favorable comments/feedback! Even though I focus on collecting DAK, this cap rocks :-)

Comment

Martin Stiles is a Great seller, and a real Gentleman, his cap is 100% real !

Comment

Originally posted by Seb777 View Post
                                Martin Stiles is a Great seller, and a real Gentleman, his cap is 100% real !
                                in this hobby is nothing 100% today

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X