No announcement yet.

Waffen Ss Tropical Field Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread. Are the eagles and skulls normally hand sewn??

Odell

Comment

Originally posted by odiestreasures View Post
      Great thread. Are the eagles and skulls normally hand sewn??

Odell
      Yes, at least in all of the original examples I have handled.

Comment

Here's a very, very salty SS tropical field cap that just arrived today @ my office! The insignia is hand applied and there are no maker stamps visible inside the cap. Your thoughts and opinions are certainly welcome! :-)
        Attached Files

Comment

Salty for sure, very nice eagle, skull is trimmed close as seen on most originals, can't comment much more from photos.

Comment

From the fotos it appears you ve got a winner !!! Billbert

Comment

From what I can judge on those format photo’s: I like it!
              I think that you are able to tell best yourself if the insignia are authentic to the cap; since you have it in hand, but I for sure favor the salty look on it, since 9 out of 10 examples you find are mint.

F

Comment

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback on this very well worn SS tropical field cap. Here's a close-up of the rare SS tropical cap eagle (and skull). Just thought you'd like to see this insignia in greater detail... Cheers!
                Attached Files

Comment

Two more images... showing the wear & worn condition on this rare SS cap. The heavy sweat stains are still there... it's honestly surprising this cap was not thrown in the trash after the war!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Super example!

Comment

I've been wondering about this for awhile:

Since loose SS tropical cap eagles are extremely rare then does the mere fact an SS tropical cap has one make it more likely than not it's an original cap?

Cheers,
                      Erich

Comment

the last cap posted here has a very questionable origin, the guy who has owned and offered this cap for sale has offered some top repros in the past, i was thinking abaut purchase this one but have to pass ,becose czech republic is not the best pleace for shoping TR items today.

Comment

I know a vet that has two tropical hats he got himself , tiny sizes, and they only have a skull....no eagle. skull is also in a different position than this one. Although there may have been different versions made.... none of his look like this.

Comment

last hat posted

Thats one very nice tropical, rivets correct, nice insignia, sewn textbook, correct shape . good find
                            jimtoncar

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
                              Thats one very nice tropical, rivets correct, nice insignia, sewn textbook, correct shape . good find
                              jimtoncar
                              Agreed, all korrekt.

Comment

dakcollector your cap is ULTRA RARE

Congratulation

ps : how much for the eagle only ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X