Waffen Ss Tropical Field Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen Ss Tropical Field Cap

This is an interesting and scarce cap. Sorry about the poor photo.
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

it sure is,
    very rare, can we see insignia in more detail please
    thanks

Comment

The photo is from the owner. I've asked for more and better photos, will post any I receive.
      John
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Looks great ...Billbert

Comment

Rare cap indeed. Attached are images of another belonging to an advanced collector.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

I have those photos too, but didn't think I should post them. Our friend is a better photographer than my other buddy! Or did you shoot these yourself Mike?

Note that these caps appear to be identical. Fine, real, rare SS tropical field caps.

The first cap pictured is veteran acquired. If was found in an abandoned Kubelwagen in Normandy by a paratrooper from the 101st!
              John
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
                Hi Mike,

I have those photos too, but didn't think I should post them. Our friend is a better photographer than my other buddy! Or did you shoot these yourself Mike?

Note that these caps appear to be identical. Fine, real, rare SS tropical field caps.

The first cap pictured is veteran acquired. If was found in an abandoned Kubelwagen in Normandy by a paratrooper from the 101st!
                John
                He OK'd the posting John. Yeah, I shot these last week. Our friend's photography skills are even worse than mine - we're going to work on both though!

I have also owned an example of this type cap without vents.

Comment

Attached is an image of the insignia from the 'ventless' cap. Hopefully, the current owner, whoever he may be, won't mind me posting.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mike Davis; 08-03-2006, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 10-26-2006, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                      Mike,

Is that very faded tropical Bevo insignia or is it standard colored insignia? My friend has a Kriegsmarine tropical M1943 field cap with the tropical SS insignia on it. As far as he's been able to tell, this is the only insignia ever applied. It has the light-blue interior, the extra (false earflaps) piece around the exterior, and stenciled with Heinrich Balke of Bremen 1941 (or 1942).

Bob
                      Bob, The insignia is the typical yellow. The washed out appearance of the image has more to do with my photographic skills although this example had been worn and was slightly faded...

Here is the full shot. Again, I no longer own this cap and do not know who does. If the current owner prefers the images be removed, please let me know.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mike Davis; 08-03-2006, 01:35 PM.

Comment

nice to see such a rare cap, and even rarer insignia!
                        how many cloth skulls and eagles of this style ever come on to the market?
                        has any one known of the more common [although real] style of cloth skull
                        affixed to this style off ss tropical cap?

Comment

Originally posted by wisches
                          nice to see such a rare cap, and even rarer insignia!
                          how many cloth skulls and eagles of this style ever come on to the market?
                          has any one known of the more common [although real] style of cloth skull
                          affixed to this style off ss tropical cap?
                          I'm not sure what you mean. Tropical insignia (usually unissued) are quite common and plentiful compared with other SS insignia. They are certainly much easier to find on the market than the silver/gray variety.

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 10-26-2006, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I Had One 6 Years Ago That I Bought From Steve Wolfe And Like An A ** I Sold It. But Now I'm Out Of Ss So I Guess It Was No Big Deal.i Have Only Seen One Tropical Overseas Cap Shea Had It .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X