pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

tunic

pic
        Attached Files

Comment

tunic

i have some more pics that show rear of collar and the zig zag stitching,but i cant seem to be able to post any more pics i keep getting redirected its susposedly a ss tunic but i have no idea,

Comment

tunic

pic
            Attached Files

Comment

tunic

wooaah i seemed to have managed it
              Attached Files

Comment

From the pictuers it looks like an officers tunic. You can never really tell with these tailored tunics just from pictures but it might be good. The cuff title I have no opinions on. I would have to see the back side, bevo pattern. Have you conducted black light, and burn test on the textile/thread yet? Also, is there a dagger hanger clip present? Are the buttons marked. Are there any tailor labels/depot markings?

Better pictures of the cuff closures, any markings, and collar top showing the hook and eyes would help

Steve

Comment

tunic

hi this is the last pic i have,i will try and get some more,if this tunic is genuine what would its kind of value be? and thanks for the quick reply
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by sscrooge; 02-09-2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

The tunic is an original tunic, be sure to take it into a pitch black room and use a UV light over the right breast to see if there was an eagle ever sewn there. The neck closure buttons are usually found on tunics for Mountain troops not too common IMO. Looks very nice and very interesting. As for value, with the cufftitle, Id say conservatively $3500 however if that cufftitle is original to that tunic $4000 wouldnt be unfair. I like it, it was privately tailored for field use.Also I cant tell by the pictures but that cufftitle almost appears to be a flat wire but in Bevo style is this possible ? Any cufftitle people ever heard of this?
                    Last edited by John Pic; 02-09-2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

tunic

thanks a lot for that information,the seller has told me that it has a green loop under each armpit,and the buttons have feint markings with a capital A with a line running thru it,if i manage to get anymore pics i will post them and thanks again regards sscrooge

Comment

Almost every custom tailored tunic has loops in the armpit or shoulder area of the lining I suppose for hanging. The buttons are Assman marked which isnt uncommon either.

Comment

Its not a flat wire cuff. They have borders with strands. Its the usual BeVo version.

/Felix

Comment

Hmmm...a bog standard officer's tunic, completely stripped of insignia - less a very common and near mint BEVO LAH cuftitle. Strange. I suspect a stripped heer tunic tarted up postwar with a cufftitle.

First point -look for the outline of an eagle on the left sleeve. If nothing is there, I would think $1000 for the cufftitle and 300-400 for an old army tunic that could be restored as a heer tunic.

If there are signs of an eagle, look for other clues that this might be a SS tunic (no sign of breast eagle; length/shape of stitching for collar tabs - SS tabs differ in shape and size from heer litzen). If all seem good, you might have an original SS tunic - but again completely stripped and upgraded post-war with the CT. Worth, in my opinion, about $1000 for the cufftitle and 600-700 for an old tunic that could be restored as a SS tunic.

For what it is worth...

Mike
                            Last edited by Mike C; 02-09-2006, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C

If all seem good, you mint have an original SS tunic - but again completely stripped and upgraded post-war with the CT. Worth, in my opinion, about $1000 for the cufftitle and 600-700 for an old tunic that could be restored as a SS tunic.

For what it is worth...

Mike

That is how I see it too.

Glenn
                              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X