Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
    Do they look similar ?
    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see any similarities.
    Attached Files

Comment

Your best bet is to simply avoid this dealer Wittmann.
      He cannot be trusted. That is proven several times in the past.

Comment

Witti´s rune tab is propably original, the rank tab on Witti´s tunic maybe also even when the Litze is not the common type (maybe).

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
          Your best bet is to simply avoid this dealer Wittmann.
          He cannot be trusted. That is proven several times in the past.
          Thats bad advice. He has very many good items and does not intentionally decieve

Comment

Originally posted by Kehlsteinhaus View Post

Thats bad advice. He has very many good items and does not intentionally decieve
            Agree I do not think it was intentional on the dealers part , of a collector can be fooled so can a seller. There are very nice original items on that site.

Comment

He has very many good items and does not intentionally decieve
              Maybe you should ask on the Daggers forum ... didn't he have a fall-out with the guy he employed in the dagger workshop he has. If I remember correctly a degree of dirty linen was washed in public.

Ian

Comment

Yes that was an epic dustup - Witty told us all the gory details - about drug use and stealing and criminal behavior etc - but then they patched things up - Wittman’s track record has been discussed on WAF many times and in great detail - to be fair - his area is daggers and not uniforms - and it’s very unusual to see him selling an SS tunic - and he has another guy working for him these days apparently - so maybe Wittmann is simply clueless about SS tunics and / or his helper handled this one - on daggers Wittmann is an expert and has written many good reference books - but there’s a long long list of shady dealings and his famous business class travel to give testimony in court against a collector - that was a low point for Witty

Comment

None of his stuff can be trusted.
                  It is well known that he combines or clean or repair daggers without mentioning it in his descriptions. He even sells fake M36 SS daggers. The moment that fake M36 showed up here, it suddenly went 'on hold' on his website. Rara, strange isn't it?

Comment

He passed away. He no longer runs this business . I’ve been told maybe his son does ? Daggers are a different world than cloth they have been putting together parts daggers for years and years. High end hard to detect fake tunics are a relatively more recent ,1980’s - , thing.

Comment

He passed away. He no longer runs this business . I’ve been told maybe his son does ? Daggers are a different world than cloth they have been putting together parts daggers for years and years. High end hard to detect fake tunics are a relatively more recent ,1980’s - , thing.
                      Who passed away?

Comment

Originally posted by Msundborg View Post

Who passed away?
                        Not Thomas Wittmann. He has just recovered from a gall bladder operation. Check his website blog.

Comment

The sleeve eagle is original though.
                          Agreed. I'm not hot and bothered by the collar tabs, marriage of boards to tunic and overall apperance. Nice call on the sleeve lining. This needs some Provenance, Rhode Island.
                          Last edited by panzer1432; 08-03-2020, 07:55 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

I agree all dealers time to time have some iffie stuff...You gotta sort it out. Makes it fun

Comment

Not Thomas Wittmann. He has just recovered from a gall bladder operation. Check his website blog.
                              Sorry my mistake .

Comment

Sorry my mistake .
                                Perhaps a confusion with Thomas M. Johnson who passed away on July 21st?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X