M-40 W SS Officer tunic Wittman $7995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-40 W SS Officer tunic Wittman $7995

Covid - 19 bargain buy or $7995 flushed down the toilet bar what u can get back for any good parts and maybe a jacket for winter ?

Maybe it’s an error and it’s meant to be $17,995?

Comment

Joke

Comment

I am not sure if Tom is involved any more in the listings. Look down to the HJ shirt, Best/Bestfalen for West/Westfalen tells me not much clue.

Comment

And SS officer's boots : $ 5995

Comment

Yes those SS boots would be lucky to move at $1200, they look very used and at best in avg condition and at $5995 - the pricing is just ridiculous - of course Wittman is not known for selling uniforms

Comment

Just wondering, is the Waffen uniform textbook or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by patrice View Post
                Just wondering, is the Waffen uniform textbook or not ?
                Can't you tell ? Why ask if it is if you can't tell for yourself ? If someone wants to buy it they should know if it looks textbook correct or not before spending any large sum of money.

Comment

Here it is

a.PNG

Comment

Pictures for the waf archives so the threads not useless down the road
                    Attached Files
                    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

A couple more
                      Attached Files
                      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

Can't you tell ? Why ask if it is if you can't tell for yourself ? If someone wants to buy it they should know if it looks textbook correct or not before spending any large sum of money.

No, I cannot tell and I do not collect uniforms and this is why I've asked, why do you seems to be so annoyed ?

Comment

No, I cannot tell and I do not collect uniforms and this is why I've asked, why do you seems to be so annoyed ?
                          That was the hard way of telling that you always should double check and really know what you do when you after something like this. In Case of Wittmann's Tunic....that is what i call the classic ground up build special Heavy wool....tip top Condition.....blinky blinky Effects......just an Eye Catcher for People with too much Money to spare

Your Question about Textbook.....i always ask myself who came up with that term.....Textbook is when it comes to Field Tunics something you should avoid to use. Tunics are always different, sewing is different, Effects are different, Style is different. If you want to separate the good from the bad, it is always a mix of many things to consider. And first of all with the really well made uniforms...you have to know what you are doing and have them in your hands. Pictures is one thing, a hand inspection is something else. Better write a few Mails more, ask a few Questions more then to end up with something like the Tunic from Wittmann what sure looks fantastic on Display...but that is about all what it is or will do....
                          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Well you can safely say its not an Eastern front medal ribbon, so if the writer of the description can get that wrong I would not have much faith in the rest of the description!!

Comment

Sorry Patrice, I was not annoyed by you . My apologies. I am annoyed because people post these “ mint and perfect” tunics and think someone can tell them if there is anything wrong. It’s on a dealers site and I fail to see what there is to discuss about it unless someone examined it in hand and found flaws.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X