No announcement yet.

Question SS Officers Uniform With name and Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more blue lines circling something that isnt there, lol. I have it in hand, there is nothing there but a little wear hole I took a close up of. It means nothing, there are several small wear holes just like it all over the tunic. Circle the same area in some of the pics with the flash [or one of the clear pics]. Maybe if you squint your eyes a little more a shadow of Jesus will appear. It's not even in a spot where an eagle may have been. The sleeve material was re-stitched? That's kinda of obvious, but again, does not mean a thing. The guy could have went up in rank. Do you think he would buy a brand new tunic because of a promotion?

Comment

I guess when they were doing this amazing "build" they didnt bother sewing on the missing button I found in a pocket or the little packet in another pocket...must be props to confuse people...Thanks again for all the interesting opinions, Cliff DSC05058.JPG DSC05060.JPG DSC05061.JPG DSC05059.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

That’s because the stiffer normal collar backing was removed , the softer material hides traces of tampering. But in the close up photo of the breast you can clearly see where an Eagle was removed.
        My guess is the sleeve lining if examined will show traces of being resewn to add the boards.
        Excellent point! Thank you for that insight.
        When you go home
        Tell them for us and say
        For your tomorrow
        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
          Some more blue lines circling something that isnt there, lol. I have it in hand, there is nothing there but a little wear hole I took a close up of. It means nothing, there are several small wear holes just like it all over the tunic. Circle the same area in some of the pics with the flash [or one of the clear pics]. Maybe if you squint your eyes a little more a shadow of Jesus will appear. It's not even in a spot where an eagle may have been. The sleeve material was re-stitched? That's kinda of obvious, but again, does not mean a thing. The guy could have went up in rank. Do you think he would buy a brand new tunic because of a promotion?
          Its your tunic , enjoy it , to me and just about everyone viewing it is a faked reworked replica worth maybe $200 at best.

Comment

You seem to have it all figured out, why bother with us?

Comment

Everything is fine as long as owner is happy with it. His tunic, his joy. Why should we worry about that.

Comment

You have a 100% real Tunic, a 100% real WH Tunic. And like so many times before, she was raped by a brainless ape. Collar backing were removed to hide the traces of the Wehrmacht Tabs, the spot where the eagle was normally sewn on was treated with steam to make the traces disappear as best as possible.

You wrote it doesn't mean anything that the sleeves were opened? It's an officer's jacket, so he starts with Leutnant or Untersturmfuhere. But then you don't have to open the Sleeves until he becomes a major or a Sturmbannfuhrer

The button in the pocket....it could have fallen off the day before you got the jacket, usually happens when you want to put a jacket that is a bit too small on a mannequin that is too big. And what do you do then? You don't want to lose the button, so you put it in the pocket. And the paper......is moth paper, so somebody took good care at one point many years ago when the jacket was still in Germany that nothing happens to it, something you can't say happens since it left its home.....sadly.

I would buy it right away, get the Collar restored and then you have something to research. It is still in OK Condition, and worth to be saved.
                WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Its your tunic , enjoy it , to me and just about everyone viewing it is a faked reworked replica worth maybe $200 at best.
                  I'll buy all you have for $200!

Comment

I'll buy all you have for $200!
                    I wouldn’t have anything like that sorry. You might try the guy in England who had a whole closet full and got taken for thousands unable to sell them above the table as real,

Comment

You see there are people even on this forum who try to push this damaged stuff on the unsuspecting via PM’s . There is something to the saying, “a sucker born every minute”. Good luck with your trophy,

Comment

Cliff
                        im not a big fan of this tunic

Comment

Similar under the collar materials and sewing on the army tunic https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...insignia-forum
                          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                            Similar under the collar materials and sewing on the army tunic https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...insignia-forum
                            The link only redirects to the Heer uniform forum.

Comment

The link only redirects to the Heer uniform forum.
                              Sorry about that https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...dkig-recepient
                              Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                                The material is completely different. The material in this TK tunic is like a filler material soft like an insulation .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X