Question SS Officers Uniform With name and Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clestuff View Post

Wondering how you know which "Ruhn" is was? perhaps the medals seem to match but it's a bar, perhaps an IC 1st and a couple of others. That match could be one of many officers
    EK 1, IAB Woundbadge in Black and Silver and EK2, Eastern medal, 8 years in Wehrmacht, and Anschulss Austria and Sudenten at the Ribbon Bar. The Medals he got. Plus he was based in Vienna where your Tunic is from. And the Tailor in the Mariahilfer Str was just around the Corner where the Guy was every day for 2 Years. The Division this Tunic represents now was not anywhere near Vienna in 1944 also is the Combination not really working, Oberbayern and double TK. Always a guessing Game, but if i would have to choose, i go with Option A. Get some Pictures from under the Collar posted and a couple from the Sleeves inside out, this should then be enough i would guess.

Floch Jesus

And here you have your Eagle Shadow. Hard to see, a bit of Steam always do some magic when you know how to use it....
    Attached Files
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Was Floch a know faker? Just asking. I know about the loose ones being marked Seider Wien. Perhaps coining the phrase was a poor choice of words, it's just something I've noticed you saying many times over.

Good question, he was known to sell bundles of the two types of Sieder Wien eagles as well as EK1’s commonly referred to as “ Floch’s” and other questionable items at shows. The firm of Sieder was a wartime firm, but they were not eagle makers. If you follow the progression of the study on these you will find that so many SS Officer tunics appearing from the mid 90’s-early 2000’s with them also many had a rune tab that was made well, often on moleskin but the runes were incorrectly angled. None of these type eagles or tabs appear in period photos anywhere. Photos of the officers whose names appear in these tunics are wearing obviously different tunics. Maybe one of these makes a good display piece filler but not for thousands of dollars.

Comment

Thank you sir for the info, to me that's what the forums are all about. I'm a bit new to tunics, always been a headgear guy but I'm starting to expand. Sorry if I never heard of Floch, does that make me an idiot to be laughed at? I have a cap story that may be related. A few years ago I sold an SS overseas to a guy on e-stand. It had an officers SS skull on it and no eagle. It also didn't have false piping. Because of this everybody on the forum was saying Coastal Artillery, not SS ect. The guy who bought it from me took the skull off. He said he was shocked, the very worn cap was mint, perfect under the skull and it was very obvious to him it had been on the hat since it was made. The moral to my story is, an SS cap that survived 70+ years with its original insignia on it was ruined because of the word of several members. I'm not saying this tunic is the same thing at all but I will take some very good pics [when I get time] of the area where I took the tab off and the phantom eagle area, thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
          There was a Reason why nobody commented on that Tunic. For an Answer just look at your own Post. John is one of the few here who really knows what he is talking about when it comes to SS Eagles. And when he say this is a Fake Eagle then be sure it is one. But of course it is your Tunic, so when you are happy with it....then that is all what counts.

And just for your Info. This is no SS Officer Tunic but a Heer Tunic. Belong to Olt. Max Alfred Ruhn. Medals matches, he was based from 1943 till 1945 at the Stab from General Schubert, in Vienna. Reason why i posted another ****ed up Tunic by some Morons......
          i have to second this . john has no hidden Agenda in what he is saying .... and no i dont know john , but i know he knows his eagles ! and i for one all ways look out for his input when it comes to these

Comment

Thank you sir for the info, to me that's what the forums are all about. I'm a bit new to tunics, always been a headgear guy but I'm starting to expand. Sorry if I never heard of Floch, does that make me an idiot to be laughed at? I have a cap story that may be related. A few years ago I sold an SS overseas to a guy on e-stand. It had an officers SS skull on it and no eagle. It also didn't have false piping. Because of this everybody on the forum was saying Coastal Artillery, not SS ect. The guy who bought it from me took the skull off. He said he was shocked, the very worn cap was mint, perfect under the skull and it was very obvious to him it had been on the hat since it was made. The moral to my story is, an SS cap that survived 70+ years with its original insignia on it was ruined because of the word of several members. I'm not saying this tunic is the same thing at all but I will take some very good pics [when I get time] of the area where I took the tab off and the phantom eagle area, thanks again guys.
            am i reading this ok ? you think its original tunic as in not put together yet started pulling it apart a real tunic like this would be my dream of dreams tunic that i know i could never afford ..

Comment

a real tunic like this would be my dream of dreams tunic that i know i could never afford ..

Comment

Why you like so much to pull apart your Stuff? Now you have a real WH Tunic with some repro Insignia what are already 30+ Years old on it. Leave it as is, it is still a Display Piece and when you sell it as what it really is you will always get a bit more out of it then just for the stripped Tunic what has now traces of 2 Birds and most likely 2 different Tabs as well. If i personal see it as you have it now somewhere for sale, i would always buy it and use it as Display Piece in my Museum, for that its always good enough and i am sure there are many more who would do it the same way. So leave it together, still better then to have just a stripped Tunic at the End.
                WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

[deleted]
                  When you go home
                  Tell them for us and say
                  For your tomorrow
                  We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                  Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

No, I am not laughing at you at all. I think some of the most sincere collectors fall for well made replicas. Regarding the overseas cap you make a valid point, not “textbook“ SS but completely possible. A cap was a cap in their eyes. I’ve seen RAD made tunics used by Heer and SS soldiers. It’s not impossible. Someone pointed out that sometimes SS used Heer visor caps with skulls on them. There was one sold by a dealer that had a black band over the green during the period.

Comment

I can’t believe what I’m reading about pulling insignia off of caps and tunics to check for originality. You’ve got to be mental to do that in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinS View Post
                        I can’t believe what I’m reading about pulling insignia off of caps and tunics to check for originality. You’ve got to be mental to do that in my book.
                        Absolutely. And then he complains and blames the internet.
                        When you go home
                        Tell them for us and say
                        For your tomorrow
                        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by JustinS View Post
                          I didn't pull the insignia of the cap, the person I sold it to did.

Comment

Sorry i ask, but why did you post your stuff on the Forum? Every Diskussion with bad vibes ends in the same way... you know your stuff and only you know if it’s real ore not...

best regards

Comment

There is a great sticky article in the Crosses forum on Floch’s various fake medals if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by christian56789 View Post
                                Sorry i ask, but why did you post your stuff on the Forum? Every Diskussion with bad vibes ends in the same way... you know your stuff and only you know if it’s real ore not...

best regards
                                Man I wanted to post that, but was biting my tongue. J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X