No announcement yet.

Early LAH Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The photos above show the black board. Here is a blow up of a detail from a 1935 photo that shows the first pattern grey strap. Even with this low level of detail it shows the monogram conforming to the shape and size of the Mollo board Jim posted. Those interested in headgear should note the totenkopf badge affixed to the side of the man's field cap.LAH-Board.jpg
    Last edited by derek; 07-10-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Here is my set still bundled. more fuel for the discussion.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
        so the joke comes as you compare an example from one book, propably study more examples.

What color do you expect for such a board?
        I dont expect any color other twist cording or white. Maybe others know more.

Time frame, early 35-36 for my view.
        There are a number of chain stitch boards shown in the book which are quality the LAH are not.

Comment

In Beaver's books Vol.1 page 215 a picture of LAH man Houtjes wearing early boards which appear to be chain stitch but the next page shows they aren't, so pictures can be misleading unless crystal clear.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
            Robert H

for the year of those photos and when such boards where used would say 1936

---------------------------------------------------------------

jimt

I certainly have seen the above photos for the most part , that said , one could wonder is it the "chain stitch" or the solid type embroidery ?

NOTE : Jim posted the picture below.
            Were these boards with the extra line form the A to the H not proved to be fake ?

Comment

Originally posted by fldjr View Post

JK,
              If you mean the photo below from the Bando book, those are embroidered vs chain stitch. The quality of the chain stitch on the board in question is superb.
              Fred
              You don't find it odd that the H appears to go under the line on the left hand one and over on the right one, on the right side of the H ?
              In my opinion high end fake

Comment

do you know variations for chain stitching? check out the boards I posted, thats why I posted the Brandenburg boards.
                propably you need more books to study those, don´t mix up good and bad items in this book, but at least the view mistakes are less
                then compared to other books.

Originally posted by JK53 View Post

There are a number of chain stitch boards shown in the book which are quality the LAH are not.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with the chain stitching on the original boards posted.
                  Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
                    Robert is correct with his dating. The LAH were equipped with their field grey uniforms with grey boards in June 1935 and by March 1936 Himmler had ordered that all insignia on the grey uniform for the SS-VT had to be in black (shoulderboards with black and silver piping).
                    So why are these boards Genuine ?
                    As I've done as much reading on these as I can and there is a glaring mistake in my opinion

Comment

Are there documentary photographs of LAN soldiers with such embroidery? Until I saw them in this branch.

Comment

So why are these boards Genuine ?
                        As I've done as much reading on these as I can and there is a glaring mistake in my opinion
                        Not all the information needed is written in books especially the books you are reading

Comment

Originally posted by no expert View Post

Not all the information needed is written in books especially the books you are reading
                          What books am I reading ?
                          You don't say why they are genuine ?
                          Nearly 2000 views and nobody can say they are genuine because ------- ?

Comment

And what to compare these shoulder straps with? No one showed 100% of the reference shoulder strap with such lowercase embroidery and examples of wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stive View Post
                              And what to compare these shoulder straps with? No one showed 100% of the reference shoulder strap with such lowercase embroidery and examples of wearing.
                              Its not lowercase embroidery!

Comment

What books am I reading ?
                                You don't say why they are genuine ?
                                Nearly 2000 views and nobody can say they are genuine because ------- ?
                                Bando clearly, you already quoted it, other possibilities could be Janet and John ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X