Early LAH Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalterB View Post

It was a publicly listed price, it was not like it was an arrangement between two private individuals. But whatever.
    The price was never listed on the website

Comment

Not sure what your knowledge is on such material when you call it a joke.

Early set TV Brandenburg.

Originally posted by JK53 View Post

Why are they original ?
      The stitching is a joke, they don't even match also there is no photographic evidance so far of these in wear ?
      Pritchett's GD book vol.1 shows a GD board chain stitched and the quality speaks for it's self.
      So is it genuine because of price or the site that keeps selling these ?
      Cheers Jamie
      Attached Files

Comment

Rob beautyfull example

Comment

I have Bando's book, the stitching in my opinion does not match the quality of the boards shown in said book or the above board.
          So again why are these considered genuine ?
          What is the time line for these boards ?
          What colour is the piping meant to be ?

Comment

so the joke comes as you compare an example from one book, propably study more examples.

What color do you expect for such a board?
            I dont expect any color other twist cording or white. Maybe others know more.

Time frame, early 35-36 for my view.

Comment

I trust that the stitching between the two LAH boards being different is to be expected? Not sure if anyone has a photo in wear?

Comment

Robert is correct with his dating. The LAH were equipped with their field grey uniforms with grey boards in June 1935 and by March 1936 Himmler had ordered that all insignia on the grey uniform for the SS-VT had to be in black (shoulderboards with black and silver piping).

Comment

Originally posted by JK53 View Post
                  I have Bando's book, the stitching in my opinion does not match the quality of the boards shown in said book or the above board.
                  So again why are these considered genuine ?
                  What is the time line for these boards ?
                  What colour is the piping meant to be ?
                  JK,
                  If you mean the photo below from the Bando book, those are embroidered vs chain stitch. The quality of the chain stitch on the board in question is superb.
                  Fred
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

despite it is a lot of work, i will repost the messages of the previous topic which was unfortunately lost due to the server transfer last June 2020.

The original message of the members will be on ITALIC BOLD.

In my opinion, the question of Jaimie is perfectly legitimate.

See You

Vince

---------------------------------------------------------------

JK53

Does anyone believe these to be genuine
                    https://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/photos/5599.jpg
                    if so why ?
                    Cheers Jamie

Robert H

congrats to the buyer

Gary Wood

Yes ..very rare straps...didn’t see how much they went for ????

Robert H

I also don´t know the price tag but assume in the 2,5-3k range maybe?

sutka

someone got very lucky

TomH

Jamie - do you believe these to be fake? If so why?

I would imagine these would be north of 5K

Tom

fldjr

Pic (didn’t see one of backs).

NOTE : fldjr posted the only picture provided by Martin (Hannah's Reich), courtesy of Hannah's Reich.

Stossgruppe3

I wouldn't say that . . . I am sure they paid the price ?
                    Regards David

NOTE : comment on sutka previous comment "someone got very lucky"

jimt

I have never seen a picture of this " chain-stitched" pattern LAH board in wear , anyone care to educate me ?
                    jimt

LAH501

There’s a very early photo of Rolf v Westernhagen in Agte’s Tiger book that shows that exact very early pattern boards on his tunic.
                    That’s the only photo I can remember seeing with such boards, great set! John

Comment

Lloyd I.

Hans Scappini
                      LAH victory parade Prague
                      unsourced
                      Kriegsberichter
                      Attached Files

Comment

Michael73

Here we go
                        Attached Files

Comment

Robert H

for the year of those photos and when such boards where used would say 1936

jimt

I certainly have seen the above photos for the most part , that said , one could wonder is it the "chain stitch" or the solid type embroidery ?

NOTE : Jim posted the picture below.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gary Wood

Jim,
                            That is the problem...normally the angle of photo taken are not strap friendly so to speak...in the thread a while back Michael posted The photo Below...sounds like he may have more.

But I would never rule anything out because there are no photos of it as i am sure you wouldn’t....reminds me of those early Hitler youth fighting knifes with the emblem on the hilt...no photos...until recently.
                            Regards
                            Gary
                            Attached Files

Comment

jimt

Hi Gary,
                              Of all the units of the SS the LAH is for sure the most documented in Photos, and I have in my collection close-ups of its members showing different variations of shoulderboards in very good detail , except for this chain-stitched pattern, hence my question ? perhaps a Forum member has just such a picture ? there are pictures of the Der Fuhrer standarte in 1939 showing this exact chain-stitch detail so why not LAH ? Even Oberbayern with the Arabic "1" showing same , to name just a few unit examples . This pattern that Hannahs Reich shows I have noted made on a dark green base also , in fact I have seen more pairs/ singles in this pattern than any other pattern ? except for slip-on types .
                              Enclosed the example that Mollo had in his collection on a Dark Green base with aluminum piping . The grey piping is another later type I think .
                              jimt
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

the last message i have is me posting upgraded pictures of the pair of LAH boards from Martin's website (like i did on post #2 of this new topic).

You can notice that Martin recently sold an half-dozen of LAH shoulder boards of various types, probably from an old collection.

I tried to provide "better" zoomed-in pictures than the original ones posted (that i of course still have if needed).

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X