Dirlewanger Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunic

The chances of this being real are nil as far as I am concerned.It does not look right and as has been said cp's and bits and bobs added to increase the price.

Comment

Here is another one....natural worn SS Collar from one of my Tunics. The wear at the Tunic started this Thread is a bad Joke. Not just on the Collar, but on many other Spots where you want to see or not want to see wear...it is what it is...
      Attached Files
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

I really hate to say it, and it have to slap my fingers by writing this about such an exotic item from Kelly Hicks but........

i think it stands a chance, the application of insignia and wear appears real.

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
          I'd like to see the Dirlewanger tab in bullion.

Why ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There you go - that's better.

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
            SS Tunics, no matter what Branch or Unit where always extreme hard to find in an untouched Condition, back in the 80s and 90s i got maybe 3 or 4.
            By modifying your disposition to,"extremely hard to find" I think many experienced people could find it easier to agree with you.

Comment

If all the insignia, and the tunic, all matched in wear, I could have a better feeling. The mint shoulder boards and eagle leave me feeling cold.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                If all the insignia, and the tunic, all matched in wear, I could have a better feeling. The mint shoulder boards and eagle leave me feeling cold.

Bob Hritz
                Agree 100%, and will add it is just a put together fantasy .

Cossack1648 that is an awesome looking tunic you have.

Comment

It is highly unlikely that anyone retaining officer rank on being posted into the Dirlewanger unit would have worn the crossed rifles patch which was for convicts and probationers, to distinguish them from actual SS members, and I strongly doubt that anyone was given officer rank in the formation before they were rehabilitated.

On a side note, according to Hans-Peter Klausch in 'Antifaschisten in SS-Uniform', the best book about the Direlwanger unit, the political prisoners who were drafted into the Dirlewanger Brigade in the last year of the war wore red waffenfarbe. I don't know if that is correct: I've never seen any confirmatory evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil View Post
                    It is highly unlikely that anyone retaining officer rank on being posted into the Dirlewanger unit would have worn the crossed rifles patch which was for convicts and probationers, to distinguish them from actual SS members, and I strongly doubt that anyone was given officer rank in the formation before they were rehabilitated.

On a side note, according to Hans-Peter Klausch in 'Antifaschisten in SS-Uniform', the best book about the Dirlewanger unit, the political prisoners who were drafted into the Dirlewanger Brigade in the last year of the war wore red waffenfarbe. I don't know if that is correct: I've never seen any confirmatory evidence.
                    Just to follow up, this is a quote from the memoir 'Lost Honour, betrayed Loyalty' by Herbert Maeger, a Belgian Volksdeutsche who eventually ended up in the 36. Waffen Grenadier Division as an operating theatre assistant in early 1945:
                    "The new division was the last stop for men condemned at court-martial, transferred into it as punishment and released concentration camp inmates: the Diviional HQ were officers ‘guilty of less serious offences’ who had been transferred in… and were therefore, to some extent, privileged to wear insignia of rank. They retained the SS runes and [were], as I was, spared the ‘crossbones’ collar patch"

Comment

On a side note, according to Hans-Peter Klausch in 'Antifaschisten in SS-Uniform', the best book about the Direlwanger unit, the political prisoners who were drafted into the Dirlewanger Brigade in the last year of the war wore red waffenfarbe. I don't know if that is correct: I've never seen any confirmatory evidence.
                      There is a photo of a KC winner in the Bender book Their Honor was Loyalty, it shows the officer wearing the tab.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        There is a photo of a KC winner in the Bender book Their Honor was Loyalty, it shows the officer wearing the tab.
                        Yup, but it's a photo taken in the 1960s and it features Frithjof Elmo Porsch alias Ingo Petersen, who awarded himself the Knight's Cross, the Close Combat Clasp in Gold, the EK1, various tank destruction badges and the GAB 100. Bull****ter extraordinaire.

Comment

Indeed I was also under the assumption that officers would not have worn the Dirlewanger tab.

In any case, if provenance proofs to be solid I stand corrected, but at this point it will take a lot of convincing for me to think this configuration is authentic.... All the things I do not like are already mentioned by others.

Comment

Was a funny Guy...Skorzeny on drugs...here he is with all his Lameta...my Christmas Tree is crap against him

Yup, but it's a photo taken in the 1960s and it features Frithjof Elmo Porsch alias Ingo Petersen, who awarded himself the Knight's Cross, the Close Combat Clasp in Gold, the EK1, various tank destruction badges and the GAB 100. Bull****ter extraordinaire.
                            Attached Files
                            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                              The soldiers in captivity, especially the SS, were treated like dogs, beaten, the badges torn from their uniforms, they slept in the dirt, my Grandfather was one of them.

And rightfully so. But I agree with your assessment of the tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
                                And rightfully so. But I agree with your assessment of the tunic.
                                Lol. Fedpost.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X