No announcement yet.

Dirlewanger Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, ffs. Not another thread ruined by slander and ****. Let's discuss items here.

@SgtB, such an unnessesary comment.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
      And rightfully so. But I agree with your assessment of the tunic.

Comment

Good that lately i eat very good He will need a lot more to make me move out of my Chair.

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by Stangell View Post
          Please, ffs. Not another thread ruined by slander and ****. Let's discuss items here.

@SgtB, such an unnessesary comment.
          Absolutely agree, utterly stupid comment.

Comment

As stated previously the DW did have an attached artillery unit, like nigh on all units did, but due to the lack of standardisation across the DW Brigade, I have no clue how we'd even begin to cross reference this to other items. Obviously each individual bit can be assessed, but together we haven't a leg to stand on in terms of givng this the thumbs up.

Although the photos we do have from the war are grainy and low in number, I have never personally seen a piped DW tab, I was under the impression that the officers of the DW wore standard SS runes.

RE the red waffenfarbe, some forum members have stated that in Hans-Peter Klausch's book Antifaschisten in SS-Uniform, he writes that those transferred into the unit from KZ's (From what I remember) wore red waffenfarbe to distinguish them from other men in the unit. This might be a saving grace of this uniform, but based on everything else and other replies here, I doubt it'll save it enough to be proven as authentic. I havent got a copy of this book unfortunately and can't seem to find one for sale anywhere, so those with a copy might be able to weigh in more on the topic.

Bottom line though? I personally wouldn't spend more on this than the value of the parts separated!

Comment

Seems most of my comments have already been mentioned below

Seems to be a consensus among us here on what we think of this item, just hope any interested buyer sees this thread first before pulling the trigger on it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X