No announcement yet.

N&G goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The frame looks OK, only thing that skipped my mind is that this type normally should've a different elastic strap.

Jos

Comment

Hi, KJ. This is all the quality of the photos that I was able to take.
      Attached Files

Comment

Your last set of pictures are really good, but the lack of dust (age) and wear still bothers me... the frames and straps look new. Completely unused and never worn... The lenses look brand new like they're straight out of the factory... Is this likely?

One of your pictures shows where the frames join to clasp the lenses in place. My N&G goggles show age here (just below the 2)... yours don't. Likewise my goggles have dust just where the frame meets the lense and in the air vents... I don't see this on yours... well not enough of it. Maybe a lack of age is correct if they sat in storage... but it would be very unusual. You can also see the age of the strap in my photo... the material has stretched in places... yours is perfect... good/bad?

I know these are different type of N&G goggle, it's just here for age comparison.

Originally posted by Doktor Goebbels View Post
        Hello! Thanks for the answer. I hope these photos are enough. Sincerely, Ilya
        Attached Files
        Last edited by milsurp; 04-26-2020, 05:21 AM.

Comment

The pair of Goebbels are OK, good pics..

There're many original N&G which don't show age, I've 6 pairs and only 2 show some age.
          Fakes are recognized by the shape of the hinges, material of the frame, fit of the nose bridge, weaving of the strap..
          The last run of fakes were improved, but no cigar.

Jos

Comment

Good

Agree, they look good to me aswell. Hinges have the right shape.

Comment

Aren’t the hinges in the last pic above questionable?

Comment

Why ?

Jos

Comment

They look too big for the frame, needing to be bent past 90 deg to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos L C View Post
                    The pair of Goebbels are OK, good pics..

There're many original N&G which don't show age, I've 6 pairs and only 2 show some age.
                    Fakes are recognized by the shape of the hinges, material of the frame, fit of the nose bridge, weaving of the strap..
                    The last run of fakes were improved, but no cigar.

Jos
                    +1

Absolutely agree. Many items of the WW2 period do not have traces of age.
                    Here's an example of my 4th model flight goggles. 100% original, just mint condition.

Best regards,
                    Sergey
                    Attached Files

Comment

more shot
                      Attached Files

Comment

more shot
                        Attached Files

Comment

goggles shown in posts #137 and #138 - originals

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X