Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM medical board..need input..

Hi All,

I recently bought a nice lot of KM insignia, mostly medical. Please see the first picture.

But the single Marineoberassistenzarzt board is somewhat puzzeling to me.

It has double underlay; the bottum is black, and above this it is medical blue - kornblumenblau.

I have search the Angolia books but cannot find any reference to this. Maybe I did not search the right place.

The board clearly look like KM - and the Aesculap device is applied before the board has been sewn together. So all looks ligit to me. And I cannot see this as LW or WH. And I cannot imagine W-SS.

Can anyone help out..?..

Thanks,
    Hans Kristian
    Attached Files

Board..no 1 and 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Board, details..
      Attached Files

Comment

..??..no-one knows anything about this..?...

Comment

I think it's Luftwaffe medical reserve.

Comment

a
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi, IMO this one match with a medical supplementary officer. After 1934, a number of WWI officers were recalled, mostly in administrative positions, as supplementary o cers (Ergänzungso ziere), and were distinguished by a gold wire oval border around the sleeve career insignia and by a black underlay on the shoulder boards with all uniforms.
              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Hi Eduardo and thanks for the comment.

I am definitely not sure about this myself, I am aware of the black underlay for ergänzungsoffiziere, but did they also wear the double layer like in the army and LW..?..I cannot recall that they did that but maybe I am wrong.?.

Anyway, this board looks a LOT like my SS-boards, and I would be inclined to believe it is SS. I posted it in the SS-section, but no official comments: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=911549

Hans Kristian

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                Hi, IMO this one match with a medical supplementary officer. After 1934, a number of WWI officers were recalled, mostly in administrative positions, as supplementary o cers (Ergänzungso ziere), and were distinguished by a gold wire oval border around the sleeve career insignia and by a black underlay on the shoulder boards with all uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                  a
                  This one now rests with me..

Comment

Hans Kristian, agree with you, not easy to know and I'm not really sure if these officers wore a black single backing or it was double, but IMO as they were not from the same career I would say that double, but really don't know.

By the style and construction of this one it matchs for me with KM, not with SS or LW.
                    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Hans Kristian, agree with you, not easy to know and I'm not really sure if these officers wore a black single backing or it was double, but IMO as they were not from the same career I would say that double, but really don't know.

By the style and construction of this one it matchs for me with KM, not with SS or LW.
                      Eduardo, I agree with you on the style and construction - it does also look KM to me. Just very annoying that I cannot find any info about this in any reference...small "black holes"..

Comment

Regulations

Hi,

I do have a frock coat and a coat for such a medical supplementary officer.
                        Both items does have the standard KM board, no black underlay.

I can check the name tag for the year....

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                          Hi,

Hello,

That sounds just awesome.!!..would it be possible also to show the Ärmelabzeichen..?..we discussed that in a different thread, and I never saw one..

Thanks,
                          Hans Kristian

Comment

Anyway, I have here a KM board with completely black underlay - Marineassistenzarzt. But not 2 layers as the thread-starter...
                            Attached Files

Comment

messed up

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                              Hi,

1. I messed this up. I do have a reserve officer frock coat but not a supplementary officer. Sorry for this...just have not read carefully.

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
                              Eduardo, I agree with you on the style and construction - it does also look KM to me. Just very annoying that I cannot find any info about this in any reference...small "black holes"..
                              Eduardo is very right. And here your info:

MDv260, Issue 1935, Instruction for cloth and dresses, enclosure 1, is describing exactly what Eduardo has said. All supplementary officers except admirals - have to wear shoulder boards with a black underlay, including those for white jacket.

As for the arm insignia, it is described as "surrounded by an endless rope"....as shown in the pics in the other thread.

Regards
                              Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X