Artilleriemechaniker Obermaat

Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

Thought I would add this one with an unlisted insignia

Unlisted insignia

Comment

Dear God

Hi there guys .After many years of hunting these down ,i thought i was near to the end .BUT after looking at this lot i realise im more than a few short.
        Does anyone have a LIST of sort of all the diffrent ones.
        Does the motor transport one come with one that has the chevron (stripe) to it .
        Thanks for your time .Best regards Pete
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure how many you have and how much you know, but here is most comprehensive list I have done so far for my collection.

All types are listed, on top the blue career ones, bellow are the white career ones, than metal career ones and at the bottom blue and white specialty groups.

All in all you have some 362 different types, plus some old ones and standard bearer patch.

I am marking the ones I have in green, I don't have in red. This is a rather old c/p image of my collection.

If you want, I can send you a checklist with reference photos, just send me your e-mail address.
          Attached Files

Comment

Also, do not forget some of the latest career patches, almost impossible to find.
            I've put a simple piece of cloth under the left one, just for the reference.
            Attached Files

Comment

Also, do not forget some of the early pieces ;-)
              Attached Files

Comment

In total, the most rare ones are administrative "V", "M" and some other pieces.
                Here are, as far as I am concerned, the rarest ones in a form of sailor's career patches. I think that all of them existed in both variants, as a Maat and Obermaat.
                PS: Last image is of "Telephone mechanic", not "Telephone operator".
                Attached Files

Comment

And famous early administrative M and V pieces:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice one

Thanks Amiklic 1
                    I have tried to aim my collecting only on the metal trade patches .My collection to date is the last post i made.
                    It would be of great help to have a list of referance to all the metal ones.
                    I will send you my e mail address.
                    My best regards Pete

Comment

Thanks

Hi Amiklic1 got the list .Very helpfull .Ime not to far away from my goal.ha ha ha ha ha maby only another 5 years .
                      I shall keep hunting all the best to you regards Pete

Comment

No problem mate, that's why we are here. To help each other

Comment

Here's one that hasn't been posted yet. It's a child sailor's (Kindmatrose) signals insignia. I guess it could be argued that's it's not really KM but I think it fits in just fine.

It never ceases to amaze me how vast the KM insignia field is.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J. M. C. View Post
                            Here's one that hasn't been posted yet. It's a child sailor's (Kindmatrose) signals insignia. I guess it could be argued that's it's not really KM but I think it fits in just fine.

Same insignia without chevron.

Cheers,
                            Larry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
                              I think that electricians could come under more than one career, as electrician is a specialty as per KM system.

Here is the photo from a book showing Obermachinenmaat career insignia on top and two specialty insignias of which the lower one is electric technician grade II.
                              Electrician specialty insignia. Seems to be red variety.

Cheers,
                              Larry
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J. M. C. View Post

So far my reference list counts 450 different pieces of career and trade insignia:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X