This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amiklic1 View Post
    In total, the most rare ones are administrative "V", "M" and some other pieces.
    Here are, as far as I am concerned, the rarest ones in a form of sailor's career patches. I think that all of them existed in both variants, as a Maat and Obermaat.
    PS: Last image is of "Telephone mechanic", not "Telephone operator".
    Hi,

Show me a period photo of these Administrative "V" in wear!

Best,Morten.

Comment

Originally posted by marine View Post
      Hi,

Show me a period photo of these Administrative "V" in wear!

Best,Morten.
      I don't have it, but it's in the regulation, I believe (at least it's mentioned to be replaced by new insignia in later regulation orders).

Comment

My photo

Comment

Great!

Comment

A lot to be said for original photos, especially for none believers and one insignia to add

Comment

Originally posted by germanpolice View Post
              My photo

Hi,

Wow,thanks for posting these great and useful reference photo!

Comment

Very nice photo. John

Comment

My photo

Hi,

My resent photo find is a similar V!

Marine

Comment

Hi,

I see a lot of KM NCO trade insignia badges for sale on the net. A lot look to be in brand new condition, especially the gold on navy blue badges.

Are these badges heavily faked?

Here is an example that I have. The badge looks to be new, the thread is shiny. Is it a copy?

Many thanks,

Larry
                    Attached Files

Comment

Larrister, a lot of the insignia found today was still in use by the bundesmarine after the war, so it is a difficult call on a lot of insignia. Personally I only collect the hand embroidered insignia to be sure it of the TR time.

Comment

Larrister, a lot of the insignia found today was still in use by the bundesmarine after the war, so it is a difficult call on a lot of insignia. Personally I only collect the hand embroidered insignia to be sure it of the TR time.
                        Bundesmarine never used rank insignia which can mistaken with TR insignia (except some of the handembroidered officer branch insignia).
                        The Eastern German NVA Volksmarine used six branch insignia (enlisted and NCO) which are identical to TR patches, but they can be identified because of the way of manufacturing and the way, how the anchor was embroidered). Only the coghweel and star enlisted patches are not differentiable for me.

Comment

Thanks very much guys for your answers. The reason I asked is I am thinking of starting up a collection of these badges.

I see sites such as Weitze and Collectors Guild sell badges such as the type I described above. They both describe them as being of WW2 era manufacture.

Cheers,
                          Larry

Comment

Its a great collecting niche with more than 450 different pieces to collect. Around 250 is more or less easy, than the fun starts ;-)

Comment

Learn something every day on here, thanks gents for sharing!!

Comment

Kriegsmarine Insignias for Review

Hi,

According to "vizenz" Bundesmarine never used rank insignia which can mistaken with TR insignia (except some of the handembroidered
                                officer branch insignia). The Eastern German NVA Volksmarine used six branch insignia (enlisted and NCO) which are identical to TR patches,
                                but they can be identified because of the way of manufacturing and the way, how the anchor was embroidered). Only the coghweel and star
                                enlisted patches are not differentiable for me.

It would be nice if "vivenz" would elaborate and explain the difference.

Here are photos of the insignias I recently pick up.

- Photo 9 shows all the type of backing for the red on white insignias
                                - Photo 10 shows all the type of backing for the yellow on blue insignias
                                - Photo 11 shows all the type of backing for the red on blue insignias
                                - Photo 12 shows all the type of backing for the yellow on blue small insignias

I would really like to learn how to differentiate TR insignias to NVA and I guess copies. Thanking you all in advance and hoping to hear from some
                                of you very soon.

Regards, Michel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X