Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, an other embroidered one, this time rarer with dark green backing, not easy to show in a picture.
    Attached Files
    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Hello Eduardo,

These examples are wonderful embroidery, you must be very proud.

A greeting.

Julio.
      Last edited by John R.; 02-22-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

This one came out of my Father's antique collection and therefore has a special place in my collection (as it was one of the very first pieces I started with!)

Ober Signals in Metal. I believe this one was missing from Ron's spread.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ron, while I saw this one in cloth, Here it is in Metal Navigation Coxswain
          Attached Files

Comment

Eduardo, those bullion versions are just fantastic

Artillery Mechaniker I didn't see this one either. I have some others, but they have already been posted
            Attached Files

Comment

I have posted these before, but since we are posting these insignia here they are again:
              Attached Files

Comment

and the rest of my metal insignia.
                Attached Files

Comment

John,

That display is spectacular!

Best regards,
                  RonR

Comment

I think I have all the metal examples, by specialty although not by rank (one or no chevrons). If anybody can show a metal example I do not have, I would very much appreciate it if you could post it here.

I know there are a number of other specialty insignia that are in cloth or in a book, but I would like to see one in metal in a collection to prove it exists that is not in mine so that I could start the search for another one of that type.

John

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
                      John,

That display is spectacular!

Best regards,
                      Thanks Ron.

Comment

John I notice you dont have the radar one, I have only seen one of these in cloth machine embroidered, a dream one to get in matal

Comment

John, Could you elaborate on the insignia in the 3rd row, 3rd down from the right. I believe that its called an "Oberstueckmeister". What did these folks do? I have a set of straps with this insignia on it. I'll dig them out ans post later.

Comment

Sorry for the bad picture, lots to do today so I grabbed it from a composite shot. You can still see the insignia. But what do they actually do in the Navy
                            Attached Files

Comment

Anti-Aircraft
                              RonR

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
                                Anti-Aircraft
                                Hi Guys,

The only decent reference I can find for this is Angolia/Schlicht, but it's not really Anti-Aircraft (which is more of a specialty designation for privates and junior NCOs). According to descriptions there in volume 1 pages 57-58, the anchor crossed with a flaming shell like this was for the Artificer group in the Kriegsmarine, i.e. skilled craftsmen who serviced the Artillery. The same insignia was used for Coastal Artillery earlier on in the Reichsmarine but that was replaced with the winged flaming shell in 1932 and the old non-winged insignia was no longer permitted for this designation after March, 1934.

At the rank of Obermaat (designated by John's sleeve insignia), there was no special rank name for the Artificer career other than the Bootswain's Mate career Oberbootsmansmaat (page 74), while the Feldwebel rank (designated by Kondor's shoulder straps) was called a Stückmeister (as he indicated) so long as they'd passed their examinations to be an Oberfeldwebel candidate (page 70).

So in summary, pre-1932 it was Coastal Artillery, post-March 1934 it was Artificer and from 1932 to 1934 it could be either. Kondor's and John's insignia seem post-1934 so by definition they're Artificer career.

Best regards,
                                ---Norm
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X