Attached Files

Comment

divisional artillery, divisional engineers and administrative officers
      Attached Files

Comment

Services
        Attached Files

Comment

San Marco (Navy Infantry). Please, note the braid on the right, which is very peculiar to the officers of the Sardinia's Grenadiers attached to San Marco Regiment:
          Attached Files

Comment

1940 - Some sample of the composite collar patches of the divisional units

From left to right:

- 23rd field artillery regiment of the King’s infantry division (13th)
            - Engineers’ unit of the Pasubio infantry division (9th)
            - Medical units of the Bergamo infantry division (15th)

The last for tonight. To be continued …
            Attached Files

Comment

Just to avoid any confusion between the prewar and the war uniforms, here is the 1940 circular order:

http://www.regioesercito.it/uniformi/unire40.htm

Best regards

Comment

Great help, this should be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
                  Great help, this should be saved.
                  Hallo jmcm

Many thanks I hope so

Some samples of plain infantry collar patches always with a five-pointed silver (gilt for the generals) star (knurled for the officers and smooth for the troop):
                  Attached Files

Comment

The full colour chart of the obscure coastal divisions & brigades:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Brilliant stuff Enorepap...

Comment

Hallo semovente

Many thanks

Now some other Albanians.

Left: Cacciatori di Albania = Hunters of Albania

Right: Guardia Reale Albanese = Albanian Royal Guard
                        Attached Files

Comment

about "divisioni costiere" the orange is darker. could you indicate under the insignia the numbers of the divisions you have tracked?
                          I don't get back some color crossings.

this for example. It is black and orange (darker than what you reported that I would say is a yellow). I would darken instead what you call amaranth which is a dark red purple
                          Attached Files

Comment

hallo passostanco

The first line shows from 201 to 212 divisions. the second line from 213 to 230 divisions. The middle row represents the commander's collar patch with golden star and (on neutral background) the possible combinations of the troops supporting the divisional infantry: artillery (two variants) - engineers (two variants ) - medical services - supply troops - machine-gunners, antitank, mortars (hypothetical because no one has ever seen one of these). Extreme right the one-pointed flames for garrison troops (static, mobile, alpine). The last line shows the coastal brigades (whose insignia was the same for all of them) as well as the relative support troops: artillery (two variants) - engineers (two variants) - medical services - supply troops- machine-guns, antitank, mortars (hypothetical because no one has ever seen one of these). For the second question: red is red; amaranth is amaranth. Orange (in the italian uniformology) is normally a deep yellow-orange. The example you propose can be traced back to the 227th coastal division, black triangle on scarlet red background and not orange because the other black triangle belongs to the 201st but is on a white background. There is no black triangle on an orange background.

Best regards
                            Last edited by enorepap; 10-13-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

The Last of the Mohicans ... of the Albanians

From left to right:

- Artillery (infantry close-support 65/17 mm.)
                              - Border Guard battery Semian
                              - Border Guard Fortress machine-gunners

I will post in the future the remnants Albanian personnel (police duties) not belonging to the Army: Royal Carabineers - Royal Finance Guard - Police Armed Corps - Gendarmerie.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I understand your terminology. but I believe that for the sake of clarity you must call yellow what you call orange and orange what you call scarlet. Also because in the regulations of the royal army it is indicated as scarlet for example also the collar of the grenadiers that visually is a beautiful red. What you put as scarlet in coastal divisions instead in reality is an orange that has very little red. My clarification is only for you, in order to have more matching tables, I have attached an example to it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X