griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questionable Schulterklappen, Tropenuniform on the E-Stand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longislandercjv View Post
    Are they SINGLES or PAIRS ?
    Who would fake and sell singles?...or are these pairs? Confused too...
    ALL of his other offerings are absolutely top notch!

Comment

x
      Last edited by CWP; 01-19-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I purchased set of the RH 1920 Doppellitzen from him and they are IMO 100% original. I do not collect Tropical items but do collect RH and in my opinion, the Weimar era insignia is all original and the backing material is 100% correct and period.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
          I purchased set of the RH 1920 Doppellitzen from him and they are IMO 100% original. I do not collect Tropical items but do collect RH and in my opinion, the Weimar era insignia is all original and the backing material is 100% correct and period.
          Agreed wholeheartedly. Wonderful early insignia offerings are often in the mix. A very good source for hard to find insignia!

Comment

Originally posted by msteve21 View Post
            Agree Tim, Fake boards also with some stitching flaws
            Wouldn’t want them in my collection
            Thanks Mark

Yes that is one of the first things that i noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
              Obvious fakes and priced less than originals but not sure they belong on the Estand.
              Yes agree easy fakes to spot but not that easy for the novice collector.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                Better than average reproductions with various similar telltale errors. It would be good if there were a thread for these for easy future reference.
                Appreciate your comment as it is very revealing. The good news is that the same flaws still persist.

Comment

Originally posted by longislandercjv View Post
                  Are they SINGLES or PAIRS ?
                  Hi Chris

Sorry, they are singles but thought they were pairs as i have recently seen other pairs being offered from the same maker. Hence my miscalculation on the price. Though they are still lower priced than what original tropical straps would sell for.

Thanks for your inquiry
                  Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 01-20-2019, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FESTUNGBREST View Post
                    I would not call them "obvious fakes" as someone has pointed out. They are well executed stand ins made to specs as most of this stuff is here on the WAF. Its late in the game. We all know this.
                    If my statement offends you then you are in denial or obviously self diluted or in a catatonic state.

I see the mods are taking a more agressive stand. That might not be a bad thing regarding the carnage and the sums that have been evicerated.

The illusion is perpetrated by the use of period or simillar to period textiles. Some as in the thrid example ( I think its no 3 ) stone washed Prior to stitching and final assembly.
                    If you look at the seller other sales including SS "Effekten" you will observe a D(eutschland) tab that has been contrived as well. So are the Kragebspeigel collar tabs Reichwehr and WH with incidentaly and coincidentally the same backing. The seller is a leather goods dealer in Hamburg. An artisan of talent.
                    Hamburg

Agree not "obvious fakes" to someone that has not done there homework. These are not "stand in's" but made to deceive...
                    I wish the Mods would take a more aggresive stand against the fakers that are here on the WAF.

Yes the use of surplus original material helps to confuse the buyer. Again think it is wise to not go into too much detail as the faker is watching this thread and will try to improve on his next attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by drempfer View Post
                      I questioned all of them from the moment I saw them Tim. So is it ok to start a thread on anything we see on the estand or is there some procedure we have to undertake first?
                      Hi Dan

Great to hear from you. Yes if you are sure an item that is on the E-Stand is fake ? It is a good idea to raise a thread about it. Usually i pm the seller and let them know. Would call on a Mod too usually. As this is not the first time by a long shot did not go that route. Perhaps i should have.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                        It is OK for anyone to start a thread, but it is advisable to contact a relevant mod to link the discussion thread to the sales thread on the estand. Only a mod can do that.

It is in the interest of the sellers and buyer and many times assist in the sale if everything is OK with the item in question. J
                        Thanks Jacques for the comments. Perhaps a Mod will link the sellers thread on the E-Stand to this thread

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
                          All my dealings with this seller were positive. He’s always been upfront and honest with me, even at the expense of losing a sale. I know that certain items are very rare and accurately reproduced. Even the best of us are tricked.
                          Hi Paul

Thanks for your experience. The sellers past good dealings have nothing to do with offering of the tropical straps on the E-Stand. Sure dealers can mistakes but to repeatedly offer fake straps is another matter.

Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 01-20-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                            Hi Johnny

Good to here from you. Thanks for your thoughts on the earlier period insignia. I have heard that the seller does come across some real jems from time to time.

with appreciation

t

Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 01-20-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                              Agreed wholeheartedly. Wonderful early insignia offerings are often in the mix. A very good source for hard to find insignia!
                              Both good and bad. But it is good to see you and Johnny agree

thanks Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
                                Both good and bad. But it is good to see you and Johnny agree

thanks Nick
                                First time in 13 years

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X