Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questionable Schulterklappen, Tropenuniform on the E-Stand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OSS View Post
    Well now a reenactor may not even want them.
    LoL... Ok

Comment

Thanks Andrew for adding the set of fake straps to this thread. Look like old fakes to me without wool backing etc. interesting to see the pips and tresse removed. There are signs they had been there for a few years so old fakes imo.

Here is a set of DAK straps that are new to the collection with the help of a couple members

Not the best photos, as always all comments welcome ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Just to bring this thread up again:

These are for sale on ebay.de together with a AK cuff title.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Sch...cAAOSwXMhePqC-

What would be the verdict on these.?. (I do not want to buy them, just to be clear).

The pip looks slightly new for such old boards..
        Attached Files

Comment

Not equal to the best reproductions we are now seeing, but nice enough for a re-enactor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
            Just to bring this thread up again:

These are for sale on ebay.de together with a AK cuff title.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Sch...cAAOSwXMhePqC-

What would be the verdict on these.?. (I do not want to buy them, just to be clear).

The pip looks slightly new for such old boards..
            Thanks for adding these to this thread. The AKCT and the straps are both fake
            Long arm F or diamond back fake, sometimes called a tartan weave fake. Tongue undersides & look at the buttonholes location too.

anyone interested in AKCT's should take a look at this thread...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=723778

Attached Files
            Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 02-09-2020, 03:32 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna drag this old thread up once more.
              I just saw this pair of tropical shoulder straps pop up at the e-stand:
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1041535

Just looking at the buttonholes alone, it's pretty obvious that this is just another pair of fake straps from the same crook that made the ones in post #168, but he used proper cotton twill and wool this time around. This must be the 5th or 6th set of fake tropical straps now that I have seen of this maker, I think we can start a catalogue soon.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post

Just looking at the buttonholes alone, it's pretty obvious that this is just another pair of fake straps from the same crook that made the ones in post #168, but he used proper cotton twill and wool this time around. This must be the 5th or 6th set of fake tropical straps now that I have seen of this maker, I think we can start a catalogue soon.

Andy
                Posting pictures from the estand link.
                Attached Files
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I believe DAK veterinary straps actually used a super rare puff adder snake device thus making these one-look fakes.

Comment

Seeing as the DAK was 100% motorized, veterinary material is extremely rare, almost nonexistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post

Andy
                      Thanks Andy

Agree Ken's Veterinary straps look like they are from the same faker as the Art straps posted here by Hans Kristian, post #168. The buttonholes match as does the tresse application and overall construction. & will really look for this faker's footprints on other questionable straps.

Hopefully this thread is a catalog of both original and fake straps for everyone.
                      Would encourage anyone to add any tropical straps to this thread, good or bad.

with appreciation

Tim
                      Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 04-14-2020, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                        I believe DAK veterinary straps actually used a super rare puff adder snake device thus making these one-look fakes.
                        Over the years have heard that story but have never seen any evidence

Seriously, We all appreciate your vast knowledge of the DAK.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                          Seeing as the DAK was 100% motorized, veterinary material is extremely rare, almost nonexistent.
                          Well there was that Tiger Bn that was supposed to arrive in time for El Alamein, but never did.
                          Perhaps these straps were meant for that unit

Thanks as always OSS

& Thank You to Lenny for adding the photos from the estand.

Tim
                          Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 04-14-2020, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Here is another set that was offered recently. DAK Inf Gun straps with painted cyphers from an unusual Art unit, the 707th. Can't explain the white piping ?
                            Haven't seen grey wool used on the tongue of a tropical strap before ? & the cyphers do not inspire confidence that they have been there 75 years.

They have been pulled from the site they were first offered for $1350us in the link from Frederik.

They are discussed here...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1041182

Would like to hear any members thoughts on these straps ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

ak straps

"Well there was that Tiger Bn that was supposed to arrive in time for El Alamein......... commanded by johann exotic

sorry. going stir crazy

Comment

Originally posted by echoe View Post
                                "Well there was that Tiger Bn that was supposed to arrive in time for El Alamein......... commanded by johann exotic

sorry. going stir crazy

Of course they were defeated by the legendary US 15th Armored Division, the ‘Sardine Oil Division’ led by the fierce Carol Baskin. [emoji4] [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X