No announcement yet.

Gerd Von Rundstedt tunic for sale at HH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one in page one doesn't match any picture, it's close, but no cigar..
    Clever stuff IMO..
    There's a big market for " you wasn't there, so, what do you know ?" stuff ..

Jos.

Comment

His real tunic is still in the exhibition at Rastatt.

Comment

Originally posted by werner p. View Post
        collar tabs are that of a general, shoulder boards are those of a field marshal
        Werner.. You will find that the anti Nazi/senior General's, mostly the old brigade, Von Rund and Leeb were not fans of AH and his new GFM collar tabs. They were fond of the traditional two prong type.
        Leeb would wear his three prong when had was at Hilters HQ. Von Rund would wear the Honery Colonel type. ( Leeb also wore the regimental colonel tabs)

What is interesting about this Waffenrock, is they were discontinued and not to be worn after the war started in 39. But as the Feldmarshalls were promoted in July 1940... Why has this tunic the baton devices on the shoulder boards. Would be nice to look under the shoulder boards to see if there was three holes that bore his Coloneloberst rank.

I know that Paul Von Rundstedt sold two Mantel's to Stephen Wolfe who sold them on. There was also a pre 43.General's visor and a single GFM shoulder board that SW had at the same time.. Supposed to have belonged to Von Rundstedt too, the visor never had his name inside. Don't know for sure if Paul, sold them to him etc. But as SW still has the Waffenrock, he would be the guy to ask if it's real.

There is another GFM Waffenrock floating around and that was allegedly owned by KEITEL. But No photographic pictures are to be found if either tunics being worn.

Best
        SK

Comment

thank you

Gentlemen,

thank you for your replies.
          I immediately spotted some red flags here, but I'm not a GFM tunic expert, but I know enough to be suspicious when I see tunics that are off from what I see in contemporary pictures.

Would it be possible to see some pictures of the tunic SW has ? Were they ever published in a book or thread ?

Werner
          Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Werner,

This link below may help you.
            Mike Holverson is completely happy with Von Rundsteds GFM Waffenrock.
            Perhaps email him.
            In this link you will also see the visor I mentioned.

http://themarshalsbaton.com/Framepage.htm

Best
            Colin

Comment

If you can’t identify a tunic like this being worn by von Rundstedt I would not touch it.

Comment

So many of these higher rank tunics and famous TR personality groupings etc. were made in the 1980s as I mentioned in this thread earlier. When these tunics were made, they were made by people who actually made tunics during the war using left over wartime fabrics and original insignia. Now, almost 40 years later, it is almost impossible to tell these from wartime tunics.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X