Gerd Von Rundstedt tunic for sale at HH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerd Von Rundstedt tunic for sale at HH

Anyone has any thoughts about this tunic for sale at Hermann Historica ??

https://www.hermann-historica.de/Auc...lyer/A75/R.pdf

Werner
    Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

tunic

Here is the tunic but i see that the they had already stripped his collar tabs so you would be getting a
    "restored" tunic at best LOL....
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Rundstedt.jpg
    Last edited by FESTUNGBREST; 09-17-2017, 02:14 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

other uniform

He was wearing his "honorary colonel" collar tabs on the uniform in which he was captured and brought to Nürnberg for trials.
      Attached Files
      Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Tunic

By the way the word "Restored" seems to have now been adopted liberally by dealers to pass on merchandise that sometimes and frankly was never pre 45 produced to begin with....Its a type of
        conciliatory term to say "look its not perfect because it was restored ( maybe not with exact correctness but its real)" when in reality it is a piece of bulls---- that you would be buying.

I have as of lately again looked at many dealer proposed uniforms that have been recently made using period sometimes moth devoured wool. Reconstructed with Rigorous tailor expertise, with profound knowledge of period techniques. Most likely made in DE.

Distributed in the US and EU. The demand is high and so is inevitably the supply.
        I am not saying this purported V R. Tunic is a fake but ....

Comment

The insignia was removed AT the trial. See the picture I posted. Your shot is pre trial, he looks still good and not stressed and haggard from the cell....( in your picture Werner)

Comment

Originally posted by FESTUNGBREST View Post
            By the way the word "Restored" seems to have now been adopted liberally by dealers to pass on merchandise that sometimes and frankly was never pre 45 produced to begin with....Its a type of
            conciliatory term to say "look its not perfect because it was restored ( maybe not with exact correctness but its real)" when in reality it is a piece of bulls---- that you would be buying.

I have as of lately again looked at many dealer proposed uniforms that have been recently made using period sometimes moth devoured wool. Reconstructed with Rigorous tailor expertise, with profound knowledge of period techniques. Most likely made in DE.

Distributed in the US and EU. The demand is high and so is inevitably the supply.
            I am not saying this purported V R. Tunic is a fake but ....
            Very true statement....can't agree more!

Comment

What I see that would make me suspect to include the comments above is that GFM Von Rundstedt late war photos consistently show him wearing a tunic with his honorary Colonel tabs. If you look at the color photo's of these pictures, the tunic piping is white of the Infantry, not the general's red piping which this auction tunic has. The advertisement also lacks any provenance explanation/ evidence, unless it is further discussed somewhere else. Looking at the starting bidding price, when you are asked to pay this much money, you better be able to present solid provenance.

Comment

The tunic he was captured in and is shown wearing at the trial was piped in white. The jacket shown for the auction is not that same. Nothing really can be said beyond that without examining the tunic and reviewing the history of the piece.

Copies of high ranking individuals tunics like this were made using original materials and pre-1945 insignia in the 1980s in many cases by people who tailored WWII clothing and it is now almost impossible to tell them from wartime jackets.

Comment

I agree 100% with Johnny R. I was a victim of one of those 1980's fantasy made uniforms years ago from Manion's Auction house. Everything on the coat I purchased looked good, except years later I discovered the tailor's tag was one of the post war reproductions. So it was made of original parts and professionally tailored, but still not what the auction house advertised. For these high end items, you have to look at it with an extremely critical eye and do your home work.

Comment

Rundstedt''s tunic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Like many higher ranking officers I am sure he had many uniforms, so the one for sale not matching those in images by itself would not mean that one is not original.

The demonstrated history of the piece and where it came from etc. and then in hand inspection makes or breaks the item.

Comment

One of his tunics is in Rastatt.
                          Last edited by rob NL; 09-18-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

As well as his Ritterkreuz.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                              As well as his Ritterkreuz.
                              No, I wish it were. His baton used to be there also......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X