X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Named artillery tunic with Krim shield

Hello,

I got this tunic today in the mail.
    I got it in a trade but I have to pass it on right away since I have to generate fund's for another purchase

I just want to get your thumbs-up before I open a sales thread at the estand

So, what do you think about it.....? I like it, it's in very nice condition, made out of very heavy fabric.... The inside liner looks alot more dirty in the pictures than in reality...the material reflects alot.
    It has a few moth bites here and there, nothing serious..... most of them are around the collar.

Thanks

Alex
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a M41 private purchase officer walking out tunic. Tunic itself looks original and only lightly used. Eagle could be reapplied - this due to the 'bald' area around it. Difficult to judge the application (which seems a bit rough) of the Krim shield. It would be nice to see the reverse side of the collar to be able to judge the tab application. Do not know about the tailor tag and named label although very well applied I would have prefered it to be placed at a different location. Tunic seems not to have horizontally placed inside pocket(s) but vertical ones which is less usual. All insignia look like nice originals to me. So far so good IMO, but more opinions needed.

PS: also a pic is needed of the complete sleeve on which the shield is placed so to be able to judge the angle at which it is applied.
              Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 08-17-2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I think all insignias are original to te tunic and have not been removed the knap circles the wreath so the moths ate around it..a real beauty of an artillery officers tunic.

Comment

A wonderful tunic. I'd be very comfortable with all its features.

I don't think you'll have much trouble selling it.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
                    Looks like a M41 private purchase officer walking out tunic. Tunic itself looks original and only lightly used. Eagle could be reapplied - this due to the 'bald' area around it. Difficult to judge the application (which seems a bit rough) of the Krim shield. It would be nice to see the reverse side of the collar to be able to judge the tab application. Do not know about the tailor tag and named label although very well applied I would have prefered it to be placed at a different location. Tunic seems not to have horizontally placed inside pocket(s) but vertical ones which is less usual. All insignia look like nice originals to me. So far so good IMO, but more opinions needed.

PS: also a pic is needed of the complete sleeve on which the shield is placed so to be able to judge the angle at which it is applied.
                    I will snap some more pictures of the collar tab stiching and of the whole sleeve were the Krim shield is applied.
                    Thanks for your reply

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                    I think all insignias are original to te tunic and have not been removed the knap circles the wreath so the moths ate around it..a real beauty of an artillery officers tunic.
                    Originally posted by Mike Swan View Post
                    A wonderful tunic. I'd be very comfortable with all its features.

I don't think you'll have much trouble selling it.

Mike
                    Thanks a bunch, much appreciated

Comment

I am with KW2 in that I think the eagle may be reapplied - it looks to me like the munching goes under the eagle in a few places. That really doesn't bother me. Otherwise, I would say it's quite nice pending some under the collar shots.

Don

Comment

Very nice tunic! The eagle did have an odd stitching in some spots so I think it could possibly be reapplied.

Comment

One other thing I would note is that the Krim Shield and the breast pocket award loops were sewn on with the same thread - not anything damning, but worth noting as this seems to be a nice walking-out style tunic.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                            One other thing I would note is that the Krim Shield and the breast pocket award loops were sewn on with the same thread - not anything damning, but worth noting as this seems to be a nice walking-out style tunic.

Don
                            Good point Don! I agree. What looks like a nice original M41 arty tunic may in the worse case have been upgraded somewhat (by adding loops and the shield - which would decrease its desirability and therefore price) and have a replaced eagle (the latter being in most cases acceptable as long as the buyer is aware). I would definitely like some more opinions on the shield application.
                            Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 08-17-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Convincing tunic and all's been said I think that can be said not having it seen in hands, but I give it in general a thumbs up.

One thing I'm very uncomfortable with though, the fieldgrey backing of the shield it self. It certainly is non-standard... Furthermore, with an authentic applied shield I would rather have seen it more 'bedded' into the sleeve.

F.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X