Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by afrikasandman View Post
    Robert,

thank you for posting the strap, very interesting for sure. I will still condem these straps. The tress is bad without a doubt and its sewn on with the same gray thread that the rest of the board is comprised of which tends to make me feel that we can call them bad. Original pipping can be acquired as can all other TR cloth pieces here and there. Either way I do not like these boards and posted them for opinions which is to everyones benefit. In my opinion I do not believe these to be originals and never did, hence why I asked for the discussion. Again thank you to Robert for posting his strap with similar pipping. These are a dangerous fake, but a fake either way in my opinion. Matt

the tresse is not sewn with same color of thread . There are two diffrent shades. One is darker other is brighter.

the thread used to sewn whole shoulderstraps is brighter than the thread used to sewn the tresse.

It is hard to show it on photo but believe me colors are diffrent.
    I will try to make good photos in daylight without flash.

that the tresse is postwar is not making them automaticly fake.

Comment

The boards shown first are fakes. I owend about three pairs with similar piping and constuktion. Often found on ebay with nice cypers. "Peterinww" in miliweb has some of these fakes too!

Comment

The thread liked the same on my monitor. I agree that alone does not make them fakes. Just means it could be and is obviously post war added. I am still not a fan of these but it has soured on an interesting discussion

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
        the tresse is not sewn with same color of thread . There are two diffrent shades. One is darker other is brighter.

the thread used to sewn whole shoulderstraps is brighter than the thread used to sewn the tresse.

It is hard to show it on photo but believe me colors are diffrent.
        I will try to make good photos in daylight without flash.

that the tresse is postwar is not making them automaticly fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X