Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estand pz gren/jager boards

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=534014

guys there is just something about these that I don't like. I could be completely wrong but am I alone on this feeling? Pipping seems odd to me but I have by no means seen or handled it all or infact a small portion of things out there. Love to hear your thoughts, will post the sellers pics in a second. Matt

z
    Attached Files

Comment

seems like they are trying to mimic the really nice early M36 boards. Matt
      Attached Files

Comment

hope im wrong with my initial feeling. I have my doubts and would like to learn so if they are good can someone explain what makes these legit as the pipping on all of mine looks nothing like the pipping on these. Matt
        Attached Files

Comment

I agree, they look contrived to me as well
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I have seen this wool piping on issue, early tunics, and am comfortable with it. What I don't like is the "look at me" zig-zag seam on the bottom - these are usually irregular and not in the same place on both boards.

I like the tops, but not the undersides.

Comment

guys I'm sure of originality of those straps as it came from good source. they were found with lot of personal items. typical closet find. IMO they were made by some tailor ( much better quality than standart factory made ) most probably for walking out uniform.

Comment

They are fake unfortunately....

Comment

That would be my opinion too.. tresse, piping and sewing on the reverse all look bad to me..

Jens

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post

Comment

Guys sorry but I'm will not agree with you. If something is irregular than it doesn't mean it is fake ! Those sb were found in pouch for utensil for mapcase ( already sold on estand ) with lighter, pocket knife, EFKA cigarett papers.

as I wrote IMO these are custom made for walkingout uniform. these are not standard high quantity factory made shoulderboards.

I know where I found it and in my opinion these are good but not standart made shoulderboards !

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                      I have seen this wool piping on issue, early tunics, and am comfortable with it. What I don't like is the "look at me" zig-zag seam on the bottom - these are usually irregular and not in the same place on both boards.

I like the tops, but not the undersides.

zig zag is not in the same place ; one is 1cm from edge , other is 1,5 cm from edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Thune View Post
                        That would be my opinion too.. tresse, piping and sewing on the reverse all look bad to me..

Jens
                        what is wrong with tresse ?

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                          I agree looks like zigzag stitch to backs to simulate scrap pieces seen together as well
                          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I don't think you should sell these as original. Jacques

Comment

I give up. I'm in minority here. You are longer in this than I do ( I'm collecting only 11 years ). Your choice but still think that these are good , not standard, shoulderboards.
                              Last edited by anmarlodz; 08-10-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X