DAK Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK Tunic

Here is a nice DAK tunic in a great condition.
    Thanks for looking

J.S
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jorn,
            Nice large 3rd pattern tropical tunic (Not 'DAK') with originally applied eagle.
            Regards,
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by NZMark View Post
              Hi Jorn,
              Nice large 3rd pattern tropical tunic (Not 'DAK') with originally applied eagle.
              Regards,
              Mark
              Agree, original tropical tunic.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks for telling me,I got it with a pair of trousers,a shirt and kradmantel,also tropical or dak
                here is a few photos of the trousers
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Jorn,
                      Did any of these items actually see service in North Africa?
                      If Not, then....
                      Guys, with all due respect...How many of you KNOW/UNDERSTAND what 'DAK' stands for?
                      Mark
                      Last edited by NZMark; 03-23-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

ok guys so we have been over this a million times on the forum. If it went in with the first push of soldiers that actually served in North Africa then it is a DAK item, but if you can not prove it went with the first troops then it is simply tropical. 1st model tunic are what the DAK soldiers wore and some 2nd models. Most 2nd and 3rd model tunics came with the replacement soldiers for DAK units or served in Italy or southern Russia. I know people get sick of DAK collectors (and most collect tropical stuff as well) harping on this fact but its like me calling a pz wrap a STUG wrap or vice versa, people would have to point out the correction. Not trying to be a dick but just trying to be correct so mis information is not spread. Nice tunic with original insignia, but too minty for my taste. Still a pleasure to see. Matt

Comment

Semantics...It is a beautiful example of a tropical uniform. I would be very proud to display this piece. Congratulations.

Comment

Semantics? Rubbish. Accuracy - It's what this forum is supposed to be based on.

Comment

Im with Mark. Its not a DAK tunic, its a very nice tropical tunic but that is what it is. We could call it a 3rd model tropical tunic to be completely correct. It is about accuracy in this hobby. A DAK item is a DAK item a tropical is a tropical. I love both but DAK items are few and far between and oh so special. When you have them in hands they almost speak to you. Tropical items are stellar as well but they are just tropical and are in all actuality rather common, but true DAK items are very special. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X