Gebirgsjaeger Officer's Waffenrock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TONY GANZ View Post
    I just cannot keep my mouth shut on this. Sander VW comments are exactly why the collectors with great stuff are gone from the forum. Let's just jump all over Mike H and tell him he is wrong about this tunic. Why ? Jealousy, envy or both. Mike H is not the type of person not to do his research, and to say it must have an edelweiss is the precise type of statement that betrays ignorance. Too much of this going on here. My last word of advice. BUY SOME BOOKS!
    I appologied...maby you should read all the posts...

I never said the tunic was bad, it's a great tunic. I just didn't get right from the beginning, like I said, I didn't see the production date. I just saw the picture (that I own too) and I had some doubts. about 'putting a face on the tunic'. With the extra information provided (thanks) I can see this is a tunic with a nice history.
    http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sander vw View Post
      I appologied...maby you should read all the posts...

I never said the tunic was bad, it's a great tunic. I just didn't get right from the beginning, like I said, I didn't see the production date. I just saw the picture (that I own too) and I had some doubts. about 'putting a face on the tunic'. With the extra information provided (thanks) I can see this is a tunic with a nice history.

Let us move on and focus on the original intent of this thread: sharing a beautiful, seldom found GR waffenrock. Very nice Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by teutonen(Jeff) View Post
        Let us move on and focus on the original intent of this thread: sharing a beautiful, seldom found GR waffenrock. Very nice Mike.

Amen. A lesson learned.

Don

Comment

The main reason I collect WW II militaria is for the research potential or just to learn about a unit.Along with German I also have US Eighth Air Force and Tank Destroyer items. I couldn't tell you what Nebeltruppen did a month ago but can now. I wish the Uniforms and Traditions book was not $300 though as - should have kept my old copies and would like to get it again. As far as people go it took me awhile but now I am confident enough not to take certain post to heart and just enjoy collecting and research. Now I would like too know WHERE DO YOU GUYS FIND THE GOOD STUFF and WHO'S HOLDING. OUT! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by John Walker View Post
            The main reason I collect WW II militaria is for the research potential or just to learn about a unit.Along with German I also have US Eighth Air Force and Tank Destroyer items. I couldn't tell you what Nebeltruppen did a month ago but can now. I wish the Uniforms and Traditions book was not $300 though as - should have kept my old copies and would like to get it again. As far as people go it took me awhile but now I am confident enough not to take certain post to heart and just enjoy collecting and research. Now I would like too know WHERE DO YOU GUYS FIND THE GOOD STUFF and WHO'S HOLDING. OUT! LOL
            Most of the nice original items change hands directly from collector to collector in networks off the radar. This happens to whole collections when someone passes away. 95% of that stuff does not show up for public sale but is sold by the spouse directly to collecting friends etc. The pieces sit in collections for 40 years and then go to another lifetime collection etc. This happens with firearms and Civil War items too.

You can find the books for less if you buy them individually, they also show up on foreign used book sites for less money.

Comment

Mike,

Don't know if you received my reply, but I'll try to get up there next week. I'll get back with you soon

Regards!

Bob

Originally posted by Mike H View Post
              Gentlemen,

While I have gotten a great deal of info on this Officer already, I am anxious to obtain his NARA files.

I have written two people who have either done this for me in the past -- or said they did -- and have had no responses. I would appreciate knowing of anyone who can dig this out of the NARA.

My best,

Mike

Comment

Mike, Great uniform!! That is a nice piece of history to add to your collection!

Comment

Beautiful tunic

Mike:

Wonderful ID'd rock! As befitting the Heuer collection standards!!

Shawn

Comment

A stunning example, Mike! Congratulations!

Mark

Comment

mike - great!

Comment

Update

Just to update you all a bit, a 275 page file from the NARA is on its way to me right now and should arrive early this week. This is an amazing archive. I don't have any details just yet but no doubt I will be able to determine his awards.

His name was Heinz Heggenreiner. A well educated man, he was apparently fluent in Italian, thus his frequent postings to liaise with the Italians. After the war, he was active in politics (CSU party) and his final job in life was at the German Embassy in Rome. He died in Rome in 1959.

After I get his file, perhaps I can post some more information on this officer.

Best regards,

Mike Heuer

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Outstanding Waffenrock.

Comment

Mike with a file that size the CIA must have had an eye on him. It should make for same interesting reading? My NARA research files on General Beelitz where only a few pages. Jacques

Comment

The file from NARA just arrived ...

A lot of reading over the next few days.

Mike
                              Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

!!!

!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X