Variations in U-Boat / Panzer Leather Wrappers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variations in U-Boat / Panzer Leather Wrappers

What makes this not an NSKK jacke? Same pattern, same cut, same buttons on left breast for lamp,same double set of buttons on other side. Michael

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
    The jackets and trouser bodies are cut almost identically, with the same armpit vents, 12-grommet crotch vents, interior trouser and jacket pockets and sub-pockets, and tailor seams.

The buttons differ on the non-Prossnitz jackets, and so do their corresponding button holes.

Comment

In order to be KM leather gear, both jacket and trousers should be marked with a very large (like 1 1/2" tall) eagle and "M" stamp. I have had wrappers, trousers, and jump suits, and except for an NSKK wrapper, they were all KM marked in this way. It's the first ting to look for when you see a leather item offered as a Panzer wrapper or a Luftwaffe jumpsuit.

The NSKK stuff is not unit marked but does have the unique lamp holder buttons on the left chest.

I haven't read every word of the thread, so sorry of this is redundant.

Comment

Variations in U-Boat / Panzer

I agree and I have had 3 sets of the NSKK wraps and trousers and several sets of KM leder.

Comment

This thread provides some additional info including a report of US military interrogations of German personnel which states that leather suits cut in the same style as the wool wraps/pants on an experimental basis. These leather wraps were not well recieved.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=leather+wrap

WR Jim

Comment

(This is a put-together piece, so ignore the insignia. )

Were these jackets for NSKK, KM, LW or what? Any pics of this exact style in wear?

Is there a thread on this exact type of jacket?

Just curious, as I had never seen one until this one......
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
              (This is a put-together piece, so ignore the insignia. )

Were these jackets for NSKK, KM, LW or what? Any pics of this exact style in wear?

Is there a thread on this exact type of jacket?

Just curious, as I had never seen one until this one......
              You can read my response in the original thread that you posted this. This wrap is a post (very recent) fake and is much different from the real jackets. You can also read the link in the post above your post here about the SS and Heer issuing these sets or similar ones for late was PZ uniform testing. There are a number of period photos of KM wearing these as well...and also HG Pz officers in East Prussia. There is as far as I can find out and believe no connection between these leather wraps set and the NSKK.....it will be repeated for the next 100 years as it has been published.....but the jacket shown being worn by the NSKK motorrad "guy" was not this type of wrap by any means and was a motorcycle jacket used about 7-10 years before these uniforms were even designed.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                You can read my response in the original thread that you posted this. This wrap is a post (very recent) fake and is much different from the real jackets. You can also read the link in the post above your post here about the SS and Heer issuing these sets or similar ones for late was PZ uniform testing. There are a number of period photos of KM wearing these as well...and also HG Pz officers in East Prussia. There is as far as I can find out and believe no connection between these leather wraps set and the NSKK.....it will be repeated for the next 100 years as it has been published.....but the jacket shown being worn by the NSKK motorrad "guy" was not this type of wrap by any means and was a motorcycle jacket used about 7-10 years before these uniforms were even designed.
                Thanks, Phild--that explains why I have never seen one before.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Leather jacket uniform wrap PROSSNITZ Kriegsmarine Wehrmacht SS Panzer

Enjoy the pics of this jacket. Just one question: what are the markings on the back of the button of the other PROSSNITZ wraps please?

PICT0432.jpg

PICT0445.jpg

Comment

Kriegsmarine black leather jacket kleinkampfmittel

A jacket als posted in #38 was worn in Holland by the K-Flottille 312 in Januari 1945 on board of Seehund midget subs.

Comment

Kriegsmarine black leather jacket kleinkampfmittel

Holland, K-Flottille 312 in Januari 1945, Seehund midget subs, picture in the book "Klein venijn", by Cor Heijkoop, ISBN 978-90-72838-47-6, page 53.
                      PICT0473.jpg

Comment

Robert,

please can you tell me the name of the manufacturer in Neumünster?

It´s my hometown and i still live there so i am really interested in that manufacturer...

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
                          Robert,

please can you tell me the name of the manufacturer in Neumünster?

It´s my hometown and i still live there so i am really interested in that manufacturer...

Many thanks in advance
                          Hello, here you can find it.

http://uniformsandtraditions.com/uniform/?p=1422
                          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Wow, many thanks Eduardo

Great site with all the makers, the Emil Köster AG was well known here in Neumünster, sadly there are more or less only ruins of the building left

This company was still active after the war for a long time. I wish i would have known that in my younger years

Comment

Rüdiger, maybe you can find some souvenirs in the ruins, if it was in my town I would visit the place for sure
                              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Kriegsmarine U boat officer unknown wrap

[ATTACH]4354975[/ATTACH]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X