E-stand GD Artillery grouping...Tunic and Greatcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-stand GD Artillery grouping...Tunic and Greatcoat

I have some doubts about this group on the e-stand. For starters, why is the GD device in silver? I'd like to see some good photos of the device.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409218
    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

it looks to have been already shown :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rtillery+tunic

derka

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
      it looks to have been already shown :

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=319341

derka
      Good memory. That is an old thread.

There are better pictures of the boards on that thread than on the e-stand. As you can see the GD device is not attached to the board very well. After 65 years I would expect that the device would be well set into the boards. The devices look silver to me and I don't see any evidence that they were originally gold and the wash has simply worn off over the years.

I'd like to see good 'straight on' photos of the GD devices on both the tunic and greatcoat. At best, I think this set was put together.

For a set that was never worn, there is a lot of wear.

The attached photo was taken from the thread derka linked:
      Attached Files
      AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Greetings all. I've commited a Forum sin as I'm offering this for sale for a friend. Please see Derka's thread for information on it. Glenn has been notified to this and plans to remove the thread as soon as possible. Non the less it is a magnifcent piece.

Regards
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by PD Sergeant View Post
          Good memory. That is an old thread.

There are better pictures of the boards on that thread than on the e-stand. As you can see the GD device is not attached to the board very well. After 65 years I would expect that the device would be well set into the boards. The devices look silver to me and I don't see any evidence that they were originally gold and the wash has simply worn off over the years.

I'd like to see good 'straight on' photos of the GD devices on both the tunic and greatcoat. At best, I think this set was put together.

For a set that was never worn, there is a lot of wear.

The attached photo was taken from the thread derka linked:
          I agree on the put-together postulation, at best a real set with "GD" insignia added and probably CT as well

Comment

I got a good laugh out of everyone jumping on the GD bandwagon in the first thread when this was posted in 08.

Don

Comment

this is why some people stopped posting on forums

Comment

And it is currently for sale on this dealers site for 4,600 Euros...
                http://winkel.militariasales.com/cat...e355d27a32d7f6

Comment

That's strange. Why would there be a difference in price?

Günther

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                    this is why some people stopped posting on forums
                    So true.....

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                      I got a good laugh out of everyone jumping on the GD bandwagon in the first thread when this was posted in 08.

Don
                      Why is that Don?

Günther

Comment

how did the group become from untouched and blessed from high end collectors in 2008 to a remounted in only 2 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                          how did the group become from untouched and blessed from high end collectors in 2008 to a remounted in only 2 years?
                          well Daniele,
                          sometimes wind of change is very strong.
                          for instance read #17 in the link i put.

derka

Comment

Originally posted by macca007 View Post
                            Greetings all. I've commited a Forum sin as I'm offering this for sale for a friend. Please see Derka's thread for information on it. Glenn has been notified to this and plans to remove the thread as soon as possible. Non the less it is a magnifcent piece.

Regards
                            Mark
                            in this case, Mark,
                            maybe you could confirm us if your friend is offering a return and refund policy if an evental buyer of this magnificent piece would not be finaly satisfied having it in hands ?

derka

Comment

I think before anyone starts throwing bottles we should do the basic math on this. I just just would like to figure out some basic things before even thinking about the uniform -

Why is the set on a dealer website in what appears to be Western Europe and is for sale by a member that is indicating he is in Australia?

Macca you said you are selling the set for a friend? Are you selling the tunic for GD/LW and that also is his website?

Towards discussing it, we need detailed pictures to do that. The "GDs" being silver is a valid concern but the gilt, especially in late War items as we all know can "come off".

Getting mad at each other without having images does not benefit anyone.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X